Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Godless, Seedless Cuties

I just got home from work. I cannot believe how nice it got outside. It was eleven degrees warmer on the way home than it was driving in at 5 AM. That sun sure does it's job even in the winter months. It was not very nice seeing the temperature reading in the JEEP at -11 degrees. I hope to see at least zero degree Fahrenheit tomorrow morning on the way to work.

Last night (3:45 PM) Cha Cha and I went over and saw the new Star Wars movie (Star Wars: The Last Jedi) in 3-D. The movie was pretty good but it seemed longer than it really needed to be, in my opinion. The 3-D was really good though. The movie was good too but it surely did not need to be that long - 152 minutes. That's 2 1/2 hours. I am old and this was on a school work night. That run-time doesn't even include the previews. When we got into the Fiat after the show Jill asked me, "what do you think the temperature is?" I said, without batting a frozen eyelid, "one." She laughed knowing that I would say that because that is one of our favorite lines from Planes,Trains and Automobiles. I turned the key and it was one degree outside. We laughed so hard that the windshield fogged-up even more than it already had from our regular breaths. That makes me wonder "why are witches' breasts cold?"

I like that I only work four days a week. I would rather work four ten hour shifts than five eight hour shifts; the three day weekends are great. We have been having to do an extra twelve hour shift each week on top of our 40 hours for the past couple of months. It was tough but the overtime pay was really nice. Some weeks I would work the extra twelve plus an additional four hours on top of that. I am too old to do that for very long but it sounds like that may be over now for this year - I sure hope that is the case.

I have to figure out what to have for dinner. All I have had to eat today was: a small salad, two Weight Watchers cheese sticks, three bananas, two Cuties, and apple and about 15-20 grapes. I forgot to have a partridge in a pear tree. Uh Oh, I have to go take my medicine before I forget. I will be right back.

I am back.

I have been watching a series on Netflix called Godless. I really like it but I have only found time to watch a few episodes. It's a western and a lot different than most westerns I have seen; it probably depicts how it really was in those times. I really like that her are strong women characters in the show too.I think you would have had to be a tough person to live in those times and situations. There are seven episodes (they call them "parts") so far but I bet they will continue on after these seven.
She is one of my favorite characters

I found some chicken patties in the freezer and I am rustlin'-up me some grub. Now I'm talking all cowboy-like. I think I will wrap this up and eat my dinner. I just wanted to write even a little so I get back in the practice of writing on a regular basis again. I appreciate you being a sounding board for me and letting me ramble-on. I wish my life were a bit more exciting so I could let you live vicariously through me.

Thank you for stopping by and I will try to do something more entertaining tomorrow so I can write about it tomorrow evening. TTTT....MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment