Monday, August 28, 2017

I wish Gallant were still President rather than Goofus

Goofus is President Now
I suppose I should write something today since I only wrote once last week. I start now with no idea of what I will write about. I suppose Hurricane Harvey is the big news of the day and week and, soon, month and then, probably, the year. President Goofus has still not been down to Texas though there is talk that he will go there tomorrow. That talk does not come from 45 himself or The White House but The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has said Austin and Corpus Christi Texas has restricted air space tomorrow due to "VIP movement." I am not sure if VIP stands for Very Ignorant President or Very Irritating Person. 45 is supposed to speak about the disaster for the first time this afternoon. Maybe, while he is down there he can go over the Mexico to see how that border wall is coming. Officially, I am sending my condolences and support to the people living a Hellish time right now in Texas and Louisiana before the leader of their own country sends his. Shameful! If 44 was still President (Gallant instead of Goofus) he would have been down there several days ago.

My mom is still not doing very well. She had a few incidents at the place she was staying and they had to send her back to Mercy Center. Presumably, she will get out of there today and go back to Winfield but, as my dad told me, she had a few problems yesterday so we are still waiting to hear what the next step(s) are going to be. I envy her a bit that she is not even aware of what is going on with our country right now. I am trying to ignore it more and more and it is helping some. I will be right back - the dryer is singing that the clothes are dry and it is time to: take the dry ones out, move the ones from the washer over, start another washing load and fold the dry ones.
While I am writing this the 1990 film Presumed Innocent is playing on HBO (does that still stand for Home Box Office?) It is so funny to see how many people who would, eventually, be on The West Wing are in this movie. Well, it is only three (John Spencer/Leo McGarry, Bradley Whitford/Josh Lyman and Jesse Bradford/Ryan Pierce) but seems like more when you see them in the movie. I loved The West Wing. While I am on television and HBO the season finale of Game of Thrones (GOT for we uncool kids) was on last night. Man, a lot happened. It seemed like the series was getting slow and then they had to wrap-up the season and throw a bunch in there. There were a lot of cliff-hangerish things that happened but nobody knows when the final season (season eight). Nobody seems to know when season eight is going to begin. There are talks that there are only going to be six episodes in the final season but a few of them may be two hours long or so. The hubbub is that the final season will probably not be hear until late 2018 or sometime in 2019. I imagine there will be a few marathons between now and then. After we watched GOT last night I went to bed and Cha Cha watched it again. She is way more into it than I am. I would probably be more into it if I could remember everything like the old days.

The best thing about not remembering things as well as I used to is that I really don't hold any grudges. I have learned to let the little and MIDDLE things go so I can have room to remember the important and nice things. It is odd how my memories of things from longer ago are still very sharp and my things of more current things are good but it is the MIDDLE time that I seem to have the most problems with.

It felt kind of like this only not as much fun
It is now 15:50 and I ran a few errands. I went to the bank and made a deposit - some of what was the change from the change jar in the kitchen. I took it out of the jar and put it in a Ziplock sandwich bag. I got to the bank and got out of the car and as I started walking to the bank the change poured out onto the parking lot. So, I got down on my knees and picked much of $72.66 worth of change and put it back into the bag. Luckily, there was a lady from the bank outside watering the flowers and she went in and got a broom and swept a lot of the money near me so I wouldn't look like a 5-year-old on Easter morning. Happily, I was there during off-busy hours as only one car drove into the lot right as I was done picking-up the treasure. I am not going to blame the Ziplock company and, as I look now, these were generic bags so maybe I should learn that lesson too. After that I went to get the oil changed on the Fiat. I change oil on the vehicles, for the most part, but that little critter is a pain since it is so small and low to the ground. I also filled the fuel tank for Cha Cha so she's raring to go tomorrow. She took the JEEP to work today. I also stopped by Target for a few things. I always think red when I think of Target.

Okay, I am done and have to get some more laundry done. Thanks a lot for letting me blather-on. I am going to try very diligently to blog again tomorrow. I always have those intentions but life just takes charge sometimes. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment