Sunday, August 13, 2017

Happy to be Stuck in the MIDDLE

Not Until You Moved in
I heard this song on the radio yesterday and have not played it (MY THEME SONG) here for quite awhile. Click that link to hear it now.

Happy Sunday morning! My weekend has begun; it began yesterday at 1600 in actuality. 1600 makes me think about the turmoil that our country is headed for and why I thought I had better write before we are all dead. I am not sure why I know that the address to The White House is 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue but that seems like something that was drilled into my generation's minds when we were learning government-related things in school. Our world is in turmoil and, in my mind, it can only lead back to one person (well, one administration anyway). The bigotry that has erupted over the last 24 hours saddens me greatly. My generation was brought-up to respect everyone's differences with caring and understanding and, to see our "leader" allow terrible things to happen without a scathing proclamation against this form of hatred and violence baffles me. All while trying to provoke another country into launching a world war. It reminds me of the game of chicken when I was young. The chicken (since there are so many variations) where you would take a pocket knife and and stand barefoot across from another person with your legs spread and then would take turns throwing the knife between each other's feet. Wherever the knife would stick you'd have to move one foot to where the knife landed. Then you would alternate turns until someone would move their foot. I never moved. I wasn't very bright or I was too competitive as a youngster. I am not sure which is the case with our Cuckoo in Chief. Happily, I outgrew my malady but, I am afraid, DOPEUS POTUS will not learn until we all pay dearly.
Yesterday was Cha Cha's birthday. We went out to eat with Fabio and Jill's brother Tom and his wife (our sister-in-law) Kara for dinner. We then came back here and played Bid Eucker (not to be confused with Bob Uecker). Of course, since it was Jill's birthday Kara and I let Jill and Tom win. I hadn't played that game in a long time and I was happy to play it again. While we played we listened to the St. Louis Cardinals' game. The Cards (baseball team not the ones in our hands) won and St. Louis is now tied with the Cubs for first place. That was better than winning at the table game for me.

I have not worked-out for the last two days because I have come home from work exhausted for some reason. I am fairly sure that I am dying. I am not being maudlin but, we are all dying the moment that we are born. I have been pretty sore from working-out but, when I am done writing this, I will go downstairs and feel the bern burn again. It seems like it is going to be a nice day so I hope to spend some time outside (maybe mowing the lawn but that will probably be tomorrow when Jill's at work). I would rather spend time with her when she is home and mow later.

There has been a lot on television about Princess Diana lately. I think this is the month that she died in 1997. She was pretty special. I was watching The Queen earlier this morning and those Royals are really stuffed blouses and shirts. I think that is changing a bit with Harry and William. I really hope one of them gets to become King one day on my lifetime. There has not been a King of England since 1952 (King George VI). If William becomes King does be become King William or does he have to pick a king name? For some reason, I believe they pick names for themselves, don't they? I could be mistaken, as I am most often.

Okay, it is almost 0800 so I am going to change into my work-out attire and go get all sweaty so I can take a shower afterward. I may move a larger television down to the workout room because Cha Cha says the one we have down there is too small. I will probably swap the one on the bedroom for the one un the workout room right away. Enjoy the weather today in the MIDDLEwest if your are in my neck of the nape. If not, enjoy whatever you have. I thank you for stopping by and plan to write again tomorrow. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment