Monday, August 21, 2017

Blogger Eclipse

 Here is a photo of the moon shadow so please save your eyes 
Sorry I didn't blog yesterday but Cha Cha and I were in Chicago all day and didn't get back home to the cornfields until late. Game of Thrones had already begun but that is what the DVR (digtal video recorder) is for, I suppose.

I worked-out already this morning and then I mowed the backyard while it rained lightly. Today is supposed to be the supermoon solar eclipse but the overcast sky may hide it from people in this area? From what I have seen on CNN and TWC (The Weather Channel) that most schools in America seem to be closed for this. Cha Cha and I had entertained going to Carbondale (where we went to college) because that is, supposedly, going to be the best place in the world to see the eclipse. I had heard about how difficult it is to get places to stay and that the entire region will run out of gasoline and, if you can find some, it will be marked-way up in price. Splenda and Andy were planning to go there too (as they also went to college there. I feel like I need to play THIS SONG (Moon Shadow by Cat Stevens/Yusuf Islam/Steven Demetre Georgiou) right now. I also heard about all of the crimes (thefts...) that happened in Chicago during the Lollapalooza music festival and I can always doing without having my things stolen or having to fight someone. It sure makes sense that the sun would want to hide while we have a buffoon ruling the Unites States of America. I would not be surprised if it did not come out of hiding.

Yesterday Cha Cha and I went to Chicago for what I was told, was meditation. We also knew that is was something that they were going to try to sell us. We went to the city and met Splenda and Andy at a cute place called The Flower Flat for breakfast/brunch. The place was very quaint and nice. I could see that it was, formerly, a flower store (which is probably where the name of the place originated). There was one of those stand-up coolers that you see at florist shops and supermarkets where they keep the cut flowers fresh. The food was great but the service was slow. My iced tea took awhile to arrive because they "had to wait for the the ice to be made." It was a great time. Now that we have an empty house maybe we should turn our house into a bed-and-breakfast. We have three vacant rooms now and a basement big enough to make three or four more bedrooms and we could even turn the dining room and the Tiki Room into bedrooms though they may be better as a sun room and a dining area. I wonder how the Home Owners' Association would appreciate that?

We spent a lot of time at The Kit Kat Lounge and Supper Club in Wrigleyville. What a great, fun place. Great drinks before our meditation deal and Cha Cha and I went back for dinner after the seminarish deal. I like the entire neighborhood that the lounge is in. We also went to the Whole Foods across the street. I wish we had a Whole Foods out here.

Jill and I had been going to Woodstock, Illinois for meditation at The Blue Lotus Buddhist Temple and Meditation Center every week until I had to start working every Saturday. We still both meditate regularly and it has helped me, many times, with my health. This thing we went to was about Transcendental Meditation. It sounded great and Cha Cha and I both waited for the second shoe to drop because it was obvious that the whole spiel was an Ovaltine commercial. I am very happy we went because we had a really nice day (because of this sales pitch) but we did not fall for the sell. I did learn things that I will use in the meditation that I already practice. I think I am, pretty much, a hippy.

I have the blinds closed so I don't even know what is going on with the sun. I really don't even care to be honest with you.
Fabio and I are going to the Kane County Cougars' game tonight. They are playing the Burlington Bees. I got the tickets free from work along with $30 in Cougars Cash (or whatever they call it) for souvenirs or food or whatever. We do have to pay $5 for parking but that is not big deal. If they have a rain-out or something maybe we can get tickets for a Peoria Chiefs game and wear our Cardinals' stuff since they are the MLB affiliate for the Chiefs. I will probably wear Cardinals' stuff tonight anyway.

It is 13:08 now and I am pretty hungry. I may run over to Schnuck's and get some chicken salad. I have talked myself in to ending now and going to the grocery store. I hope you have a nice end of the world day as it would probably be known as during ancient times when the sun disappears.I guess I will have to put some pants on for that won't I? Thanks for stopping by. Let me know if you will be at Northwestern Medicine Field tonight and I will buy you a beer. Everything in this every is called Northwestern Medicine something these day. TTTT (or tonight)...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment