Sunday, April 2, 2017

What a Fowler Day

FAKE NEWS
It is Sunday and Cha Cha and I are watching some of the political news shows. We watched CNN then HLN and now we are watching Meet The Press on NBC. Obviously, I am blogging too at this point. I am kind of tired of politics but I am mesmerized at the same time. Mesmerized that so much craziness is happening in our national government. I know MUCH MORE will be coming soon and the vehicles will probably change and then the drama will just shift. Curiouser and curiouser.

I am somewhat concerned with the forthcoming internet privacy laws. The government will, potentially, be able to look at all of your emails, view which sites you've viewed - basically. Your digital footprint will be out there for anyone to see. You can get a personal VPN (virtual private network) if you choose to remain under the radar, if that is possible. Nobody even wanted or requested this bill (Executive Order, actually) but it was put into place anyway.

Tomorrow the tour to find a place for my mom to convalesce (if that is the proper term) continues. I am not sure, at this point, whether I will be part of the touring group (my dad and I) or I will the person staying with my mom at their home while my dad goes it alone. I really liked The Groves of Fox Valley that we looked at last week but he is looking at one closer to his home so that it is more convenient for him to visit my mom. the place is called Hillside Rehab and Care Center. I won't know my roll for tomorrow until I get to their home and learn if the lady next door will be able to sit with my mom. My mom cannot be alone for even a short period of time and I do not think that will ever change.

The Major League Baseball regular season begins today. The first game of the season will be the Yankees vs. the Rays and then the Giants vs. the Diamondbacks and then Dexter Fowler looks to begin his march toward two World Series rings in a row when the Cubs and the Cardinals meet tonight in The Gateway City.

I have been working on the taxes for a few hours. Why does our country still require us to do this in this age and time? I suppose the same reason that we have something as archaic as the electoral college. Why haven't computers made it so we don't have to waste our time on tings like these idiocies?

On Tuesday I think I can finally fix those two sections of fence that the wind (and time with the aging of the concrete supporting the posts) has beaten-up. I was waiting for the weather to get warmer so I can dig down to where the concrete has eroded and put new posts in the ground with new concrete. I am not looking forward to the job but it needs to be done and I won't pay $700 to have a fence company come in and do what I can do.

I am going to end now because I have more chores to get done. Have a great day and maybe I will get another blog in before Wednesday? TTT?...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment