Sunday, April 23, 2017

You Are My Life!

Fabio, Mattgirl and Mattman (Splenda likes to keep her identity super secret)
It is only 20:11 on Saturday night and I am already back in the Mattcave. Mattgirl won't be back here until Monday but she is doing much, much better. My theory is that she has really good insurance and the medical financial experts will milk that as long as they can to compensate (no pun intended) for the citizens that aren't as fortunate with their insurances. Quite frankly, if that is really the case, I do not have much of a problem with that. Isn't that what caring people should do? Help people who are not as fortunate as they are? I stopped at the store on the way home to get some Ricola cough lozenges or drops or, whatever they call themselves, and the guy at the register asked if I would like to donate to help people who cannot afford food. Of course, I said "sure!" He asked "one, two or five dollars?" I went with the five dollar and I walked out feeling better with myself. I am not certain that the money will go to help hungry children but I have trust in most of humanity that they would not grift money away from children and families that need money for food. I did not even get a little piece a paper that said I have to The Human Fund or anything. I usually prefer giving items and cash directly to the people who need a hand-up but I will trust that a national grocery chain would not take money that they supposedly collected for the needy. That's why have the "sucker" tattoo on my forehead - to make it easier for them to target me. I won't change as I believe the great majority of people are honest, caring people too. SUCKER! Why else would they call it The Human Fund?
If I am a sucker at least I will have good karma (that's a grift too?)

It is now 22:02 and Fabio and I just got back from the hospital after visiting Cha Cha. Fabio got off of work at 21:00 and he wanted to see his mom so I went with him over there because I didn't know if he'd be able to get in and I tend to have a way to schmooze my way around things at times. We went in through the emergency entrance and just walked through the dark hospital to her room unmolested. The whole place was dark until we got to the wing where she has been so who knows if we broke rules or not? If I were homeless I know that I would spend cold nights in the hospital in the smaller waiting rooms or something. They also have areas that have free hot tee and coffee so I would live like a hobo king of vagabond ninja or something. 

Reminds me of when I was 17 and was in the hospital after getting my big toe (great toe as it is medically known) chopped-off.  Some of my very close friends at the time (Scott S., Brian O., Mike B., Shawn F? - not really sure who all was part of the covert op) snuck (or sneaked) into the hospital after hours. They were, allegedly, mildly inebriated. That was pretty a cool thing to do for a nine-toed kid all alone minus one phalange).
Here is my Topps trading card from last season
I forgot to mention, in yesterday's blog (two days ago now), that I was signed-up to play on a softball team with a bunch of twentyish fellas. I was kind of excited, kind of nervous at the prospect of breaking a hip but ready to go regardless of whatever would happen. I found my old Mizuno ball glove from my playing and coaching days and I unearthed my Under Armor baseball cleats which still fit and I began to grow excited, BUT (yes, that is a big but) the league got cancelled because only three teams signed up. The word probably got out that I was playing so the other teams all backed-out. I guess my legendary softball prowess still rings through the diamonds across the country. Our first game would have been tomorrow (that seems weird to write about a future even in the past-tense).

I have to break now and I will finish this in the morning (Sunday) before posting. Maybe something fun or scary or weird will happen and I can write about that too... Talk to you again in the morning because I have been ridden hard and am going to get put away wet. I would prefer to be properly groomed and brushed but I am too poop to pop. I cannot wait to go back to work (said hardly anyone ever).

Okay, another side note- It is now Sunday morning and, after I wrote all of that above Fabio came home from work and want to go see his mom in the hospital. So, I got redressed and threw on my Jackie Robinson Brooklyn Dodgers cap and away we went. It really wasn't Jackie Robinson's cap but I bought it because of him (just a stupid side-note in case anybody was looking to break into Stately Helser Manor and try to take it). I did not know the hospital's visiting hours (nor did I care) but I knew that I was going to get him into the hospital no MATTer what. So, we arrived and walked into the hospital through the emergency room entrance and navigated through the darkened hospital and arrived at room 1033 unmolested. I always hope to get molested but I rarely do. It probably helped that I had made many dry-runs throughout the previous few days and nights.The trick to covert ops like this is to look like you are meant to be there and just proceed with total confidence. So, we got to her dorm room and I gave her the bag containing: her flat iron, more socks, more underwear, her bag of medicines, her mini computer, two mouses (I am not sure if they would be called "mice" if  they are computer related or that only applies to the rodent), the power cord for the Mac and a few chargers and cord so she could keep her phone powered. Why do I have the Mission Impossible theme running through my mind now? We did not stay long as Fabio had to work early this morning and I was in super zombie mode by then. I was really happy that he drove. 

Speaking of that, with Jill in the hospital, I opted to not go to the Bulls-Celtics playoff game as previous planned. Fabio got his buddy Adam to go with him (not a tough sell since I gave my ticket to him for free so Fabio would be able to go to the game). Everything went well and he said the seats were great and, though the Bulls lost, they had an awesome time. I am pretty sure that I already wrote that yesterday or the day before but I am on a roll and not going to stop. I was already in full Teddy-mode from Memento but my fingers just keep on going. 

I am not sure what time I am going back up to see Jill this morning but I many stop in the hospital cafeteria and get a quick breakfast though I already has some sushi this morning. That full feeling won't last for long. I will probably finish watching the latest Better Call Saul episode before I get out of my jammies. I really wish I would have been better friends with Bob Odenkirk when we went to college together and worked at the SIU radio station (WIDB) together. If you don't believe me click this link to his Wikipedia page (look under the "early life" section of the page). Just click that red link back there if you think I am a liar, liar, pants on fire. Let that be a lesson to you youngsters out there - BE BEST FRIENDS WITH EVERYONE!!! Even if they are slobby jerks sometimes.

Anyway, I need to finish watching my show, shower and get dressed and head over to see my bestest friend and have a great inexpensive breakfasts at the hospital. Yesterday I got: decaf tea, oatmeal with granola, blueberries and brown sugar, a banana, two hard-boiled eggs and pudding (I assumed the pudding was healthy because it was RICE pudding and most Asian people seem to be very healthy. The whipped cream was my calcium for the day). And, they wouldn't serve anything unhealthy in a hospital, right? They build all of those beautiful buildings and have those expensive gadgets and machines made my Martians due to the charitable donations from the very kind rich people in the world, right? I better not get myself started on politics and the greed and selfishness there. There are some super wealthy that really do help people with their money. Bill and Melinda Gates, Michael Bloomberg, Ted Turner, Mark Zuckerberg, Warren Buffett come immediately to mind

Thanks for stopping by again. My real weekend starts today (typically) and I am so happy that I took those two vacation days for the Bulls game for yesterday and Friday so I was off (paid vacation) to be there for Jill. I would have been there no MATTer what but this made, at least that part of it, a problem that I did not even need to address. Have a great day - it seems like it is going to be a nice one with the birds chirping like crazy already. I do appreciate you so very much and it also warms my heart to know that you have Jill (and my mom) in your thoughts and whatever you do to send out the good vibes. TTT (probably tomorrow)...MITM (out). TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment