Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Fair Pay is Fair Play!

I am saddened to learn that today is "Equal Pay Day" in the U.S. and A.. I am happy that there is equal pay for women for the rest of the year but I am sad and angry that, until today, men were making more than women doing the exact same jobs (on a whole) for the past four months and three days. Women, on average, make 80 cents per hour while their male counterparts make $1.00 according to the U.S. Census Bureau. The Bureau also says that women make, on average, $10,470 less per year than their male equivalent. Over a 40-year career that equates to $418,800.00 over a while doing the exact same job.That is despicable and shameful. I never understood why we always heard that "it is rude to discuss salaries (pay) with other people." I think this is the reason for that saying; I just accepted without question. That saying probably came from a white male. We should ALL be measured by our merits and work ethics and be paid accordingly. In Australia women make 18% less than males, on average. I guess James Brown was correct wen he sang "It's a Man's World." What a shock that he would have been arrested several times for domestic violence.

Today is election day for our local politicians. As is often the case, it will be a game-time decision for me. We have four candidates running for mayor in my town and I know two that I am not voting for because I have had personal interactions with them over the years with kids' sports and such and I know their characters and they are not fit to serve, in my opinion. Character is a big thing for me.

I don't know why but, I really like the word "redacted."

I think a White Sox - Cardinals World Series would be great this season. It would double my chances to get World Series tickets with great proximity. Fabio and I went to see the Cardinals play the Tigers in St. Louis for the 2006 World Series and I would love to go again one more time before I die. Why does the Cardinals-Cubs game have to be tomorrow at 12:30? Most of us will be at work! I know a lot of the charm about Wrigley Field is day games but they do have lights now. I get off at 16:00 so, because they are calling for rain tomorrow, I may see some of the game after work if they play it at all. I will DVR the game so please do not tell me what happens. I will be able to watch most of tonight's game though. Before I fall asleep, of course. Perhaps I should not even turn my phone on at all tomorrow. Maybe the game will start later due to weather! I will definitely get to St. Louis for at least one game this season before I go back for a World Series game this coming October.

Speaking of something as American as baseball Cherry Coke has a new person depicted on their cans. Coke is very American but, the cans I am speaking about, are being produced and distributed in "Gina" (China). Warren Buffet is on new cans of Cherry Coke in China. Apparently, the Chinese people love Warren Buffet and the Coca-Cola Company wants to capitalize on their biggest investor. Chinese investors have tried to mimic Buffet's investing skills for decades. Buffet has said his love for drinking Coke outweighs the benefits of eating fruits and vegetables. He said that he has not seen evidence that he is "not more likely to reach 100 if I suddenly switch to water and broccoli."

 Coke and baseball makes me thing that I am starting to become worried about our freedoms in America. The government, I have heard, is looking into making our freedoms less free if available at all. They will be trolling our internet posts and followings... I am just speaking about what I have heard in passing and, since this mainly an opinion blog, I think I am allowed to write what I feel and what I believe and what I "have heard." I have never hidden that  the blog is mainly fun for me to write and get things off my mind and my chest. I am not really sure what "getting things off your chest" really means now that I think about it. "Getting things off of your mind," however, does make sense. I would love if you would "follow" the blog on blogger in case I, eventually, feel like I have to abort Facebook as Cha Cha has already done. I have been thinking rereading Nineteen Eight-Four soon as it seems very prolific right now (always did I guess). Yes, the novel is actually Nineteen Eighty-Four rather than 1984. George Orwell (real name Eric Arthur Blair) seems to be even more prolific than we even thought before (at least in my case). He was a damn great writer.

I think I am going to end now. I have to do my laundry, finish the taxes (ugh), take Fabio to get a money order for his new apartment (security deposit I presume), do more grocery shopping. Cha Cha is working from home today so, perhaps, we can do lunch or dinner together?  Don't tell her, but, I am still pretty damn crazy about her after all of these years. Ha, that reminds me, April 30th will be our 29th wedding anniversary. If my math is correct, which it seldom is, next year will, then. be our 30th anniversary. 30 on 30? I only have ten fingers and, even if I include my toes, I can only count to 29 1/2. We're going to Chicago for the one this year but we have to do a bigger one for 30, right? In May we are going to Massachusetts (just as a side note so I can refer back here in case I forget). I have to start working on a gift idea for the 30th, right? Oh yeah, Sunday night we are going to Wheaton to one of those places to try to escape from a inescapable room. We'll see about that. Have a great rest of today and whatever time is in between now and when I am able to tell you continue having greatness! TTT? (back to work in the morning)...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment