Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Hang-on Mr. Whoopee!

Preface - This entire blog post was supposedly written and posted yesterday (I did write it and hit the "post" button) but it did not show-up on the page. What is the hospital trying to hide? My phone shows that it is posted but it did not show up on the hit the Blogspot pageI will rewrite it now by copying my phone because, for some reason, it is still saved on the phone but not on the Matt In The Middle page. Cha Cha and I are home (for about ten hours now)  I will rewrite it to Matt In The Middle now so, on with the blog!"

It is 0834 and I am in Cha Cha's hospital room but, she is not here. I assume that she is somewhere in the medical complex having tests or something. I could walk down to the nurses' station and ask but there is no evidence that there has been any foul-play so I do not consider this a crime scene yet. I did see some saltine crumbs on the table that I am using as a desk right now bu the wrapper appears to be okay even though appears to be okay even though it was quite certainly a forced entry. I do suspect "a salt" too. Today as. originally, the day that Cha Cha was supposed to go home but yesterday they changed the target day to tomorrow. I hope we stay on target because tomorrow is my last day of my five-day weekend. If she does not get released tomorrow I will have to figure-out whether to: take a sick day or use more vacation time or some incidental time... but, that is two days away and, though I usually do like to borrow trouble so I am prepared no matter what happens, I will keep it in-check until tomorrow.
Evidently, she read the blog too!

Last night I watched a movie here in Jill's hospital room on their movie service on the television system here while she was getting poked and prodded and hauled-off and brought back a few times. The film was called Hello, My Name is Doris. It starred Sally Field and Tyne Daly and Stephen Root and Peter Gallagher... It was released in 2015 but I had never heard of it.  I would say that it was kind of a chick-flick but I am kind of a chick so I really, really liked it. Sally Field still looks amazing. I think of The Flying Nun and Gidgit and then of some of her movie roles in: Forrest Gump, Norma Rae (won Best Actress), Lincoln, (nominated Best Actress), Places In The Heart (won Best Actress), Smokey and the Bandit, the Spiderman movies... I am sure I am missing many but she is very talented and quite charming so whatever she has done is probably pretty damn good.

I have learned, once again, that I seem to be a stress-eater. I have been out of control since Jill has been here over the past few days. I suppose that comes from childproof when we were rewarded or soothed by food back in the 1960's and 1970's. Maybe it is also just that I don't have time to prepare food and it is easy to grab already prepared junk while I back-and-forth to here or I am here in the hospital. There is a really nice grocery store (supermarket, if you prefer) - Hy-Vee right across the street from the hospital and they even have a wonderful salad bar in the store and they even make sushi. There are even plenty of great health choices here in the hospital cafeteria but the poor choices are so much more fun "in the moment." It is already 1000 and I will probably be extra hungry when lunch time arrives because I have not eaten anything yet. Jill and I used to eat breakfast here after we were done working-out at the YMCA next door. I dress like a Native American while working-out back then.

I said "NO Tibetti!!!!!"
I just went down and got Jill two bananas and an orange. I was going to get the salad bar but they were just putting it out and the person assembling the presentation seemed frazzled so I just got the two bananas and the orange and an iced tea for me. This place is also really close to Portillo's so I may go over there and get one of their chopped salads sans bacon and tibetti. It won't be as inexpensive but it will be much more delicious. I will also be able to use giandiniera as my dressing. I think they should change that word to GARDENiera (trademark/patent/copyright pending). It is mainly veggies (with olive oil - a vegetable-based product). I just looked and olives are considered a fruit. Who knew? I do now!

POTENTIAL GOOD NEWS ALERT!!!! The doctor just came in and said that Jill may be able to go home todaysince her sodium levels are back to normal. He explained to her about how to handle sodium and water-intake while working-out. She has been spending a lot of time at Anytime Fitness and I guess working-out can, in fact, kill you. At least, make you go to the hospital and have countless tests and medicines and IV's... I think I mentioned it here a few days ago that Splenda sent me a text that Jill "has to be the only American with low salt levels." Actually, that was paraphrased so it should not have been in parenthesis but it may be exact but I am too lazy and tired to look at my phone to find and read a text.

I am going to end now because we may get the word any moment that we need to pack and hit the bricks. I need to be a minuteman (TWSS). Thanks for stopping by and for all of the support and kind words about this leg of our life-journey. I may blog tomorrow (as it turns-out now I am blogging "tomorrow" retyping yesterday's blog) but, if I get enough sleep tonight for a change, I may try to fix those two sections of fence before going back to work on Wednesday. I got interrupted a bit and it is now almost 1300. Jill and I went out to The Healing Garden here at the hospital. It is outside of the cafeteria where there is a nice stream that runs down and recycles. There are lots of trees and benches as well as an area to eat outside. We just sat on a bench and talked and enjoyed the sun and the nice weather. Splenda called to check on Jill while we were out there and I walked around a bit while they spoke.
We are waiting for the other two of the three wisemen (doctors) to make their determinations on whether or not Jill can blow this pop stand. It looks good that she will be able to go home today. Now, I am really going to end now and get this posted (ha, that is funny now - the day after). Thanks for stopping by and all of your warm thoughts. I appreciate all of the support fro Cha Cha's journey back to health. I apologize if I slighted anybody on details or anything but it has been crazy and Jill is a private person (unlike her moron husband who blogs everything to the universe). She does not want to be the internet sensation I try to make her.

TTTT? (yes, sort of now that it is tomorrow from yesterday) hopefully not from the hospital! MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment