Sunday, April 30, 2017

A Clown Like Me Loves Balloons!

I am kind of excited that this is the first weekend (my weekends being Sundays, Mondays and Tuesdays) in about six weeks or so that I will not be consumed by: hospitals, assisted living homes, doctors' offices... I feel like an ambulance driver a lot of the time. Hopefully, I will finally get to fix the fence the weekend - knock on wooden fence. I am also in hopes that not having such a stressful weekend will allow my brain to heal and rest a bit rather than being in constant fight mode. I really think my mind needs a break - even mowing the lawn helped with that some. Now, of course, there have been very heavy rains and howling winds. It is supposed to rain for the next three days but, thankfully, the weather doesn't listen to or watch the weather reports and it lives how it deems proper. We humans should be a bit more like the weather and do more of the "want to's" rather than all of the "have to's."I have been coughing quite a bit this week so I am probably working on some kind of a cold or something. It could be the start of throat cancer or something though I have never smoked other than the occasional cigar now and again.
I do wonder where those balloons ended - up

Today is Jill and my 29th wedding anniversary. I am so happy that she finally gave in and agreed to marry me over thirty years ago. She is, without a hint of a doubt, the absolute best thing that has ever happened to me. Interestingly,when I think about that I also think of another of the best things that ever happened to me - getting half of my big toe cut-off in a work accident when I was a 17-year-old kid in high school. I was already sworn-in to become an Army Military Police Officer and get shipped off to Fort McClellan Alabama for basic training. Had I kept all of my phalanges I never would have gone to college and met the person of my dreams and my children would not exist and who knows where I would be today and what I would be doing right now. It is odd that the best thing that ever happened to me was to get my big tow chopped off. I suppose that this is one of the many reason why I love "It's a Wonderful Life" so much. Jill just came downstairs here and had a great idea. On the day, we were married (after the ceremony) everyone at the wedding got a pink (dusty rose to be precise) balloon, wrote messages on them with markers and we all released them. She just said that we should get a couple of pink helium balloons today and write note on them and let them go. She is sad that it took her 29 years to think of that idea. I wonder what my note should say? I am thinking something like: "you are loved" or "make a positive difference today" or "believe in yourself" or "never just settle" or "MAKE your dreams become realities" or "your life begins NOW" or trust your instincts" or "if you don't like where you found me, then move" or "there is ALWAYS hope..." I suppose I could go on forever but I won't. Should we release them in Virgil , IL where we were married and released them 29 years ago or should we release them at The Hotel Baker in Geneva where we had our wedding reception? We are talking about going to lunch at Gen Hoe which is in Geneva so maybe we will do both? Our first date was at a Long John Silver's in DeKalb but we do not have a LJS any longer. I remember that I poured malt vinegar into her Coke while she was not looking and she still agreed to marry after a few years. To me, malt vinegar is the most sincerest love potion. Next year is our 30th and the traditional gift for that one is a pearl. I am really happy that the 29th traditional gift is Cantonese food. Hey, speaking of balloons, I heard they are making a motion picture of Stephen King's IT! I loved the novel and liked the television movie okay so I cannot wait.
The perfect marriage,Take that Rum!

We may go to Rockford again today too to visit Cherryvale Mall. we really like that place and there is a few things that she needs/wants to get. How does a groom deny his bride anything on their wedding anniversary? I bet they have a Long John Silvers up by the mall. I rally do want a Gen Hoe spring roll (egg roll) though. They have the best spring rolls that I have ever had. And, of course, I love sushi these days. That's probably one of the best things that I brought back from our trip to Hawaii several years ago - a love for sushi.I think we will go to the mall first and then to Gen Hoe in case you are keeping score at home.

Sorry, I had to take a break there so Jill and I could meditate. We really miss going up to Woodstock each to the Buddhist temple there so we do it here now and again. They said they would come here (to our town not our house) is we could find a place large enough to host it. We searched the town and made a list but it dropped at that. Never-mind, Jill just looked at they now have meditation at The Blue Lotus in Woodstock on Monday nights now. I am off Mondays and Tuesdays and, maybe, Jill can start working at home on Mondays and we could start going on those nights. They must have just added that because Saturdays during the days were impossible for me as I work on Saturdays. So, maybe we will go tomorrow night? I am excited. See how Buddhism works? Meditate it and it comes true. I do not believe in many of the things that organized religions teach but Buddhism makes total sense to me. That is why there are so many different things that people can practice I suppose.

I watched the new show, The President Show, on Comedy Central last week and I was not too impressed. I think the guy playing 46, Anthony Atamantuikm has the mannerisms and gestures down pretty well but, quite honestly, I think I could do a better job than he is doing. I say that, mainly, because the voice is not quite right. I have vowed to give the show one more week and then will decide whether or not to continue DVRing the show. I also found it odd that Donald Trump did not show up for the White House Correspondents' Dinner last night. I suppose he doesn't have thick enough orange skin to take any jabs, even for comedy's sake. The last President not to attend the Dinner was Ronald Reagan who was recovering from a bullet injury suffered from the gun shot of John Hinkley Jr.. Ronny did, however, call from his bed at Camp David to the Dinner to joke that "when somebody tells you to get in the car quick, do it!"

Okay, I have to get out of my jammies now to get my mall-gear on. I am going to buy a new baseball cap or two I think. I must say, being a baby-boomer I still like malls. When I watched Fast Times at Ridgemont High back in the day it seemed just like a movie of my life (in many ways). Jill and I both worked in malls for many years and... now I want to watch that movie again. That pretty much launched Sean Penn's ( Jeff Spicoli) career. I love Spicoli! I really have to get dressed because it is almost 10 already. Thank you, so very much, for stopping in and letting me reminisce and wax poetic (very loosely). I hope you have a great day and maybe I will see you in the food court at the mall later today or, of course, we always have Gen Hoe. TTTT (if it is raining and I am not working on the fence or at meditation). TTTT (87.4%)...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment