Monday, April 3, 2017

Orange is the New Blog

I will call him "The Hillside Peeper" (or Popeye)
Today my dad and I went to visit another potential place for my mother to live to receive the proper around-the-clock care that she needs. I really liked the place that we visited last week but this one is closer to their home which would make it easier for him to visit her more often. Next Monday I will spend most of the day with them as my dad is having hernia surgery. I am not certain what my entire role will encompass that day but that will depend on whether my dad will get one of my mom's many visiting caregivers to stay with her while I take him to, and wait for him to get done with, his surgery. If she has to come with us I will have to watch her at the doctor's office while he is getting de-herniated. I just looked for a photo of the place (Hillside Rehabilitation and Care center) to add to the blog, as I usually do, and I found a photo of some dude that was arrested for banging on the windows and making kissing noises to a female employee. Fortunately, the place is really close to the police department. It is my father's decision to make though I offer my more than two-cents worth. I figure he wouldn't keep asking me to go if he didn't want my opinion so I offer much more than two-cents worth most of the time. He can never say he isn't getting his money's worth from me.

I have a constant electronic buzz in my head/ears even when having earplugs stuffed in my ears. Cha Cha said that she had heard that people have been able to harness or fine-tune this affliction or super-power so as to hear alien messages. The extraterrestrial kind not the ones that Clockwork Orange Trump has tried to ban from travelling and visiting our country. I sure would like to talk to people from other worlds though I am not sure that we'd communicate the same way but I am not afraid to find out if we could work that out. Speaking of  Orange Julius Caesar, my dad still thinks that he is the right man for the position that he has for now. That just baffles me but that's what democracy is partially about - having differing opinions and views and principles and still remaining families and friends and having some common goals and core beliefs and principles while being polar-opposites in other areas.

The Major League Baseball season began yesterday though all of the media is saying that today is officially Opening Day of the season. That makes zero sense as the three games played yesterday still count and my favorite team is still undefeated after beating the defending MLB champions. Only 161 more games to go to become the first team in history to go an entire baseball season while being undefeated. I am fairly certain that feat will never be accomplished.

Jill and I are less than four months away from becoming empty-nesters. We will still have Jeff, of course, but it will be odd having no two-legged mammals besides us here. Fabio will still live in town and, as a college student, I am guessing we will still see him on laundry day or when he needs to raid a refrigerator. Our house is way too big for only two people and a quadruped. I remember going off to college after junior college and it was very exciting. Splenda lives in Chicago and she loves the vibrant breath of the second city. I cannot help but wonder where Fabio will go after his two more years of college. We raise our chicks to fly the coop and nest but they will always have a landing pad if obstacles arise. I say that but I could never imagine living with my parents ever again. We did live with Jill's parents for a bit when we hit some rocky roads twenty five+ years ago. As the mafiosos might say,"do not confuse the loyalty of friendship with the bond of blood." I do, however, have many friends that I consider blood! I bet you are even one of those friends.
Orange you  glad I stuck with the color theme today?

I am going to do some laundry now. I haven't even thought about what to do for dinner and it is almost 18:00 already. I did some grocery shopping on the way back from my parents' house so that is out of the way. However, I do not feel like cooking and then cleaning the kitchen again. Thanks a lot for letting me spout-off again today. I wish there were another Cardinals-Cubs game on tonight. They do play again tomorrow night but I will probably be asleep by the fourth inning since I have to get up early to wake the birds who, in turn, wake-up the sun. Thanks a lot for stopping by and letting me get things out of my head before they leave on their own. I am fairly certain I will blog again tomorrow. I hope you have a great rest of your day/night. I plan on blogging again tomorrow but blogging plans often change. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!


No comments:

Post a Comment