Monday, July 31, 2017

Tell Me Why - I DO Like Mondays!

It is 09:02 and the lawn is already mowed. The jeans saved me from some shrapnel wounds again this
I wonder whatever happened to the kid who played Opie?
week. I always wear sunglasses too for eye protection (and sun). I quite often get stabbed by some branches and such but I know some flesh wounds are a necessary evil for a manicured/well-quaffed yard. I am not gonna wear long sleeves until I do. While I was mowing next to the bird sanctuary (outside of the gate) I noticed a small sparrow that was either injured or just scared seedless by the sound of the lawn mower and a big goof like me appoaching. She/he was hopping around but did not fly away. I was about three or four feet from the bird on the other side of the Zen sanctuary fence. I turned and did another part of the yard and finished there later. The bird was nowhere to be seen when I returned to this ares so, I presumed, that it was not hurt and flew away. I, immediately, thought of The Andy Griffith Show episode "Opie the Birdman" where Opie shot and killed a mother bird with his slingshot and then ended-up raising the baby birds. Then he sets them free when they get ready to fend for themselves. I was happy to see my bird being able to leave right away though I would have raised her/him as my own if necessary. Jill and I talked, again, about getting s few goats to "mow" the back yard. Jeff loves to hear things so he could be the Shepard though I do realize that is a different breed.

Speaking of leaving the nest, Fabio will be moving-out on Wednesday. So, then we empty-nesters will have four extra rooms and a basement that has been converted (largely) into a bedroom. We also have our podcast studio that will go back into service soon. I imagine I will die way before Cha Cha and maybe she can turn the place into Ma Helser's Boarding House. we live in a college town so I bet she could,easily, get boarders. Ha, Jeff is a Border Collie so there is a start with the boarders/borders. Maybe Ma and Jeff Helser's Boarding House would to better?
Talking about chores and such makes me realize that I should probably do some laundry today too. I do have tomorrow off too also but why wait for that kind of excitement? I will find out what time my mom is going to get moved to her new digs in Winfield today and I hope to be able to go over and see her today/tonight but that is, not entirely, up to me I suppose. I am thirsty so I will be right back. The nice place about this new place is there are longer visiting hours, The one she is in now (until later today) only has two hours of visiting time per day: 11AM-12PM and then 5PM-6PM.

Okay. I am back with my Natural Springs Peach Diet Sparkling Water. Is there fattening water? Why does water need to be "diet?" I realize this is carbonated but carbonation usually doesn't add calories. Seems like a lot of redundancies there to me. I think I am going to have a banana too now.

For some reason I feel like adding this short musical interlude.

Don't tell anybody but, I think I am going to take a short nap today. Maybe in the hammock but that depends upon Mother Nature. I am not opposed to napping on the couch or in bed either. So many determining factors will go into whether or not this will happen.

Some of you have noticed that I have begun playing Words With Friends again. I missed that and I don't see how I can fully get away from Facebook either.  You, my friends, mean too much to me to stop. I cannot quite you.  And. I don't want too either.

I am going to end now to tidy up the kitchen and start that laundry. And, there is the nap thing I am considering and getting caught-up on WWF (Words With Friends not World Wrestling Federation). I hope you enjoy your day even though it is Monday. I do appreciate you stopping by and giving me a reason to keep my mind working. I know it is slowing down but I need to keep giving it a good work-out. TTTT...MITM (out) TA! You mean a lot to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment