Sunday, July 23, 2017

I Don't Mind Mondays

 What's Goin' on!? 
I cannot believe it has been just about two weeks since I blogged last. I suppose a lot has happened since then but much of it I have already forgotten. I have, pretty much, stayed off of Facebook for the past week; it was not difficult. I have not played Words With Friends either so do not be offended or think that I don;t still consider you a friend. I am doing more reading and writing which does my heart well. I guess I am trying to reduce my life from the unnecessary drama. I also played golf last week which was really nice and quite relaxing. I did not play very well but, for as long as it has been since I played a round, I was not disappointed. I was going to play again this morning but my mom is back in the behavioral unit of Mercy Center so Jill and I went over and spent time with her while she ate lunch. I was delighted that she knew us both immediately as is not always the case. You noticed I did not check-in there as I have not been doing that much either. Jill is off getting her nails done now. O offered to do them for her but she did not accept that tremendous honor. Her loss!
Tonight is the rubber-game of the current Cardinals-Cubs three-game series. I will be vegging-out watching that tonight. I. as you probably are aware, am a Cards' fan. I think it is fun that the Cubs' are not as horrible over the past year as they had been since 1908 until last season. I like to see good baseball with the preference of my team winning but I would rather have a good game than anything. I am happy that Fabio and I did get to one Cards' game this tear so far.

I had so much that has come to mind that I would write about when I blogged next (this one) but I have not written those ideas down so I am not using those great ideas and anecdotes. My memory is failing and I am not sure if it is age or my medical issues over the past couple of years. I imagine it is a combination of both but it is kind of demoralizing at times. My morals have always been in question anyway I suppose; if memory serves (which it does not).

Fabio moves out at the beginning of August. Cha Cha has been working on the basement (where is bedroom is) so we can get our exercise area back together and the podcast studio (Kajunkles Studio) is still operational so we will start back up with the Dirty Laundry Podcast. Speaking of the podcast I saw a series on The History Channel about H. H. Holmes (america's first serial killer) called American Ripper. The series is centered around Jeff Mudgett who was a guest on our show. He says that his great, great grandfather (H.H. Holmes - real name Herman Webster Mudgett) was, in addition to being the mass murder based in Chicago in the late 1800's was also Jack the Ripper (yes, the White Chapel murderer). Holmes also had a "murder castle" in Englewood (Chicago) at 63rd and Wallace Streets on the southside. I only watched the first episode so far but I have another recorded. I have opinions on this subject but I will keep them to myself as Cha Cha and I also interviewed filmmaker John Borowski on the show and he had different idea about the connection between Jack the Ripper and the American Ripper. I see that he is on this show/series too and I cannot wait to see him as he had different ideas than Mudgett (Jeff) when we talked with him on our show. I am excited to get back into doing the show and meeting people like this again. They are calling it "the first season: so, who knows, maybe Jill and I will be on a season in the future?

I am happy to be writing the blog again but I still want to stay off of Facebook and the like. It is quite a quandary. Do I write it for me or do I write it for the readers (you)? I guess I write it for both or I wouldn't write it at all, right? How do I let you know there is a new blog if not on Facebook?

I guess I am going to end now and I am going to let you know on Facebook until I make my way through the quagmire of how to promote it without Facebook. I thank you for giving me a reason to write. If you have any requests of things that I write about let me know - I can pretend to know about anything and I am always happy to research things. And, soon DirecTv will be gone and I will have plenty of more time to do things that I should always have been doing anyway.

Sorry, my dad just called and we spoke about my mom and such as he is going to visit her tonight. He was delighted that she knew who Jill and I were right away (as were we). I think I will probably write again tomorrow as everybody loves Mondays (unless you are the Boomtown Rats (that red is a link to my reference). I first heard and learned about the meaning of this song in college. If you want more info on that let me know and I shall oblige. Sorry to end the blog on a downer but, sometimes, that's where it wants to go. TA!!!! Okay here is the meaning, from Bob Geldof himself, so you don't have to wait for me to respond if you really want to know).

No comments:

Post a Comment