Monday, July 10, 2017

I'm Not Crazy, I'm Just a Little (Medium) Unwell

I hope to, one day, be "how I used to be"

It's 3AM and I am having some kind of problems. Of course, I am thinking about Matchbox Twenty now and this song. I also have Good Will Hunting on television (recorded from HBO)  which makes things seem even bleaker. I am hoping that my issues are simply due to the Buffalo Wild Wings that I had for dinner last night. I just had iced tea to drink so, unfortunately, I cannot equate my current issues to booze. I have been to a couple of establishments that serve alcohol over the last past days and I had iced tea (not Long Island ones) so I cannot blame this on anything. I am off of work today and tomorrow (two of my three weekly days off of work along with Sundays) so, hopefully, I will be better by pre sun-up on Wednesday. I still suffer from some of the problems that my mind deals with from time-to-time. I did feel a bit wonky on Saturday at work, and after, but I think that was because of my sleep issues over the past several years. I slept like three hours on Friday night. So, after the video played (that red link up there), the song/video Unwell automatically followed. I have today (what will soon become day as it is still very dark outside) and tomorrow off from work so I hope I am better by pre-sunup on Wednesday. I have been feeling kind of weird all weekend but I am gonna have to just take it very easy for the next few days.

I was going to go and see my mom along with my: dad, my brother, and my aunt and uncle yesterday but I had to beg-off of that because of the way I have been feeling. I also thought that too many people visiting her would overwhelm her. I was planning to go down and see her later today but now I will probably have to fore-go that too. My brother flies back to his home in Hawaii tomorrow and I will probably not see him again now before he goes back to his home. My dad and brother are going to Rockford to see some other relatives so, maybe they will stop here on their way to dad's home, after that? I would not be disappointed if they don't stop because I will probably be conked-out if I can fall asleep sometime today. They also said it would be about 18:00 before they headed back this way.
 I am beginning to think that he may be stalking Cha Cha 

We are supposed to go see John Fogerty again on Friday night so I hope I feel well by then. If I do not feel well enough there may be a ticket up for raffle. The best part of that prize would be that you'd get to spend some time with the most wonderful person in the world, Cha Cha. The last time we saw him was in Las Vegas which would have been a better prize but this one is closer for most of the people that read this gibberish that I write.

It is pouring rain now with very loud thunder so I think mowing the lawn today is out (that does not disappoint me). Unless I felt better that was not going to happen anyway. I am going to take a break now because I feel like I am going to hurl and I need to meditate it away or head to the commode. I do have a bucket here next to me in case the bathroom becomes too far away. And now the lights flashed in the house with the thunderclap and I will have to reset clocks in the house later.

It is now 09:18 and I am having decaffeinated tea with honey. I seem to have an issue with caffeine and I can never sleep properly so that habit would just exacerbate the situation. I am not sure why I have never been a very sound sleeper. Sometimes I think it was because I was born in Germany but is probably because I am very susceptible to the smallest bit of light even with my eyes closed and another issue is that my ears never turn completely off. I have done a sleeping mask and that works okay and I have done earplugs before but that seems to retard my ability to know when an alarm goes off in the morning or if a problem occurs in the house that I need to spring to action to. Maybe I am even nosy while I am sleeping.
Driving Miss Daisy is on HBO right now. I remember seeing this in the theater and I have seen it many times since then but I have always likes it so I watch it whenever it happens to pop up. I think it win best picture and Jessica Tandy won best actress and I believe Morgan Freeman won best actor and Dan Ackroyd may have even won for best supporting actor.Or, maybe that was for The Blues Brothers LOL. It probably won some of the cinematic and writing awards too I suspect. I was going to drive my Hoke self down to see Miss Daisy (my mom) today to the nursing home in Yorkville today but I cannot do that the way I am feeling today. For my sake and for all of the sakes of the residents.

I have to end now because I need more tea and I should lie down and get rid of this cold or whatever it is before Wednesday when I head back to work. I am going to try to take a vacation day from work on Saturday for the concert. I went to work this past Saturday on just a few hours of sleep and it seemed to be an incredibly long day though it was still only a ten-hour work day. I don't need that two weeks in a row since I am sick and I am just about as old as Hoke. I thank you very much for stopping in. I may blog tomorrow  but we never really know what the next day might bring, do we? TTTT (almost certainly)...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment