Tuesday, June 27, 2017

A Surprise Inside - Don't Get Too Excited!

Hello, friend. I hope this blog finds you well. Oh, my goodness is it 12:27 on Tuesday already? Weekend is over tonight. ARRRGHHHH

I am exhausted. I know some of it is that I am old but I am also getting sick, I think. Sometimes, I think, that is. I just finished mowing the lawn and I am even dumber this week than I was last week. Did I wear shorts and get hit by mulch and stick and rock shrapnel again? Yes, of course I did. How was I even dumber? Well, I wore Crocs with no socks which made it even worse. I had to stop every now and again to empty the garbage that had gathered above and below my feet. I may try to up (or down) the anti next week by wearing flip-flops but missing a large portion of one of my big toes (great toes they are medically referred to - seems like a lot of pressure on a toe) makes that almost impossible. I have a difficult time keeping flip-flops on and they make my partial large toe (not-so-great toe) and it's friend next to him/her (sometimes called the pointer toe or index toe or second toe) sore and they don't stay on so my feet too well. Mine would be flat tires or flats instead of flip-flops.

Yesterday Fabio and I drove to St. Louis to see the Cardinals beat-up on the Cincinnati Reds. It was a really nice day. Aren't baseball games made for fathers and sons in the movies? The game was great, the seats were great and the weather was great except for the light rain at the beginning. It rained at the start of the game for a short while and then the torrential rain arrived on the drive home. In case you are wondering - yes, I had some Cracker Jacks. I felt ripped off when it came in a small bag rather that the box I had grown-up with. The prize was sucky too. It was a sticker that, at first I thought was a tattoo, that gave me a website that I could go to and see the character do something or other. The character did do something pretty exciting - it went to the trash without me ever going to the website or even peeling the sticker off of the backing. The Cracker Jacks didn't even have any peanuts in them as I recall from my yute.. I felt like Ralphie in A Christmas Story. Their website says the boxes only come in one-ounce sizes and the bags are 1.25-ounces. I do not believe this is true based on my experience at the old ball game yesterday.
 
 Is the answer, "a rip-off?" 

I guess my next weekend is partially planned for me. My brother is coming home (home from like 12 years or more ago for him - rough guesstimate on the years) from Hawaii and we are going to Wisconsin to visit my cousins. I am going to try to get to all of the states surrounding/touching Illinois. I have been to all of them but not one at a time in consecutive weekends. So, I have Missouri (the Mississippi River sort of between though the border seems to be half-way across the bridge as I saw last night) and Wisconsin and then I will have to get to (let's see if my memory serves): Iowa (same deal with the Mississippi River), Indiana, Kentucky. I think that is it but Michigan sort of does if you count where Illinois' Lake Michigan water meets Michigan's Lake Michigan water. I am not going to even look because I am almost certain those are the only ones.

I cannot thinking of anything funner than coming here from Hawaii and going to tick-infested Wisconsin. Mowing the lawn today is like spring training for Wisconsin maybe. Just add the ticks and mosquitoes and whatever varmints they have up there. They must have badgers, right? Why else would University of Wisconsin mascot be Badgers. And their badgers are chiseled and wear sweaters.  Red and white sweaters just like the Cracker Jacks bags - DOH!

I watched the Silicon Valley season finale this morning. I thought it was really good. I like that show a great deal. That's all I have to blog about that! You said that in your mind in Forrest Gump's voice didn't you?

I am not sure if I mentioned it or not but I think I am going to stay on Facebook. So, check your numbers from the pool and if you have that I would officially change my mind on June 27th you win the pool. I am having second thoughts of not getting rid of DirecTv too but I am still leaning toward cutting the cord and just going digital with the premiums and such. Feel free to start the pool on that one whenever you are feeling lucky.

I have to change out of my lawn-mowing attire (including the Crocs) and get going to the grocery store. I am so happy that you stopped by. I will probably not blog again until next Monday unless we get back from The Badger State earlier than I imagine than we will. Have a great next six-or-seven days (unless I get back here sooner) until I blog you again. TTTwhenever... MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment