Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Oh Blog Dee Oh Blog Dah

I am sorry I have not blogged earlier this weekend but a lot has been going on. Sunday, of course, was Father's Day so I was whisked-off to Chicago for a great day. I drove so maybe I was the whisker and not the whiskey. Fabio and Cha Cha and I went to Chloe and Andy's place downtown. It was a fantastic day. We visited at their apartment for awhile and then went to Montrose Beach not far from their home. It was a perfect day for the beach. Right next to the beach we were at was Montrose Dog Beach. Wow, those dogs looked like they were having a tremendous time. There are gates so the dogs can not run willy-nilly and take over the city with big shoulders. I think we will have to take Jeff there one time but I am concerned that he would start a coup and Chicago would be under the control of dogs similarly to The Planet of the Apes only with dogs. We treat Jeff pretty well so I am confident we would be put into a nice zoo or circus or something. After the beach we went back to their place and then out to lunch. We all had a really nice time. I assume we did since I did but, perhaps, I am being a bit presumptuous. For some reason, going to Chicago, made my three-day weekend seem longer than usual. That seems odd to me but it is what it seems like.

Yesterday I went to have the Patriot serviced and today I went to have a tire fixed on the 4Runner. Without those two stops the weekend would have seemed even longer. Waiting at auto dealers and tire stores is worse than doctor's offices. The magazines kind of stink and there are no televisions. After I got home from the tire place today I mowed the lawn before it rains as it is supposed to storm here this afternoon (afternoon begins in 14 minutes). They say that insanity is performing the same task over and over and expecting different results. I wear shorts every time I mow the lawn and then wonder why I am getting so chopped-up by branches slapping my legs and my arms and having stones and mulch and stuff smacking my legs and arms like shrapnel. I keep waiting for my Purple Heart for being mulched in the line of duty but it never comes.

When I got done spraying the weeds and putting away the mower I came in and had some iced tea. My favorite is Decaf-Zero Green Tea with Ginseng by Arizona Iced Tea. For some reason, this time, while I was drinking it out of the jug (I like all size of jugs but I usually grab the big jugs) and I wondered about the caffeine. I have an issue with caffeine and I usually get acid-reflux when caffeine is introduced into my delicate body. Do they introduce the caffeine into the tea to make caffeinated tea or do they take the caffeine out to make decaffeinated tea? Apparently, "caffeinated" is not a real word - UNTIL NOW!

The tea makes me remember that I did grocery shopping yesterday. I had to go to three different stores to get all that was on my list. I usually get it all one store but each store was out of come things on the list. I think next week I will drive to North Aurora or somewhere and go to Super Target and get everything I need at one place. All of this writing about food and tea is making me hungry. Maybe it being 12:10 (lunch time) has something to do with it too I suppose. I am thinking either Buffalo Wild Wings or Chipotle.

I need to check the water softener. I just now felt that my hands and they feel a bit dry. I bet I need to get some salt in the softener. I just checked last week and it was fine. Maybe the softener is desalineated (yes, I made that word up, I think). Hey, I just heard thunder - I guess I will need to mow again next week.

Fabio just said that he would be kind enough to accompany me to B-Dubs! He is in the shower getting dry skin right now so I have a few minutes before I need to wrap this up. He usually takes a long tome to get ready so I am not in a huge rush. I paused now and again to watch Sully on HBO. It is a really good movie. What do you expect from Tom Hanks - a man who was married to his wife (Rita Wilson) the EXACT same day that I was married to my wife (Cha Cha). I wonder what time of day they were married. I think Tom and Rita and I and Jill are going to vacation together on April 30th next year to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversaries. No gift will be exchanged between we and the Hanks'. I never even fully realized it will be the 30th on the 30th. The traditional 30th wedding anniversary gift is pearls. Maybe a pearl necklace would be in order?

Okay. I am gonna call it a warp. Thanks a lot for stopping by. I hope you have a great rest of your day and super night. I will try to blog more than once next weekend. TTTnext weekend...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment