Monday, June 5, 2017

Everyone Avoids Me Like a Cyclone Ranger - Everyone!

It's only a flesh wound
I just got done mowing the lawn for this week and, as usually, I did not listen to myself from last week. Once again I mowed the lawn in shorts and cursed myself for not listening to the ghost of mowing past. I feel like I was in a scene from Full Metal Jacket or Saving Private Ryan as much wood chip and stone and tree branch shrapnel I have been hit by today. Not to mention the sticky stinky bombs in the back forty that I walked through. I have to admire that Jeff is a very private pooper and likes to do it out of the main thoroughfare. I suppose being hit by shrapnel is better a cannon ball. While I mowed and took many for the team I listened to the Adam Ant (Stuart Goddard)) Pandora station. It was like listening to MTV back in the day. I knew the lyrics to just about every song and I think I saw about 70% of the artists live back in high school and/or college. Many people will disagree but I think the 80's were the best time for music. I suppose, depending on which era you grew-up in that would change your opinion. I like almost all music  because it soothes my inner savage beast.

Hopefully, things will go well today and I will be able to get down to Yorkville to visit me mum tomorrow. I have not seen her in over a month but she doesn't know whether I am there or not. My dad says she sleeps most of the time that he is there still. Between Cha Cha and I we have had medical things almost every week. I am fine that I seem to be doing well and I don;t have to see the doctor for a year unless something comes up - which it will not. He did mention that is sounds like I have a slight depression issue. I don't think you can be a caring human being with a parent and a spouse who have health issues and not be a bit blue so I will accept that. I just need to drink more wine on my days off I guess. I used to be a rum and vodka and tequila drinker but wine is just fine now for me.

Yesterday afternoon Jill and I met our matron of honor or maid of honor (I never remember which one means married and which one means unattached) for lunch at Acquaviva Winery in Maple Park for linner ot dunch. We stayed there for quite a while and ate outside overlooking the vineyards. It was a very nice time until a high school graduation party showed up and it got loud. I had the salmon with my wine.

I am still considering getting rid of my Facebook account but I have so many ways to convince myself not to do that. We are also talking about getting rid of DIRECTV in August when Fabio moves out. I know I have probably mentioned both of those things before but I have to write that down now and again to continue to convince myself that is what we need to do. I think I had the same apprehension when we finally decided to get rid of the house phone but, as that turns out, that was an amazingly good decision.

I am going to run some errands right now and then I will continue the blog when I get back. It is 11:05 right now. Maybe I will tell you about the boring things that I do when I write again soon.
It is 12:29 now and I am back from the many stops I had to make. I forgot to get electrical tape though - DAHHHHHHH! Cha Cha has a dentist appointment at 13:30 so I will probably go with her and run to the nearest hardwareish store (maybe Target as it is within walking distance of her dentist) for the tape while she is being tortured. I like to walk - I will leave her the keys in case she gets out quickly (HA!).I hooked-up the outdoor speakers yesterday and want to tape (or cap or both) the wires while she is at The Little Shop of Horrors. I love those speakers because they look like large stones. It's kind of like our backyard is Walt Disney World with the Jeff Poop Ride instead of It's a Small World or the Mad Tea Party rides.

Hey, it's only 2:17 and we are already back from the dentist (and me walking to Target). The dentist tried to charge Jill for a crown, that they installed a short time ago, that fell out to be replaced. She told them that she would not pay and they, begrudgingly, agreed. Then they wanted her to schedule a deep cleaning for next moth and she asked if the insurance would cover that and they assured her that it would so she scheduled the cleaning. It's nice when you get to be MIDDLEaged or beyond and you don't really care what strangers think about you in situations like this. I have always just reflected the behavior of the people we are dealing with. Thankfully, almost everyone I associate with is nice. I do have to become a turd emoji now and again though. Oh yeah, I also bought two pack of baseball cars while at Target. I will always be a kid at heart.
Some of my favorites!

I am gonna end because I have to: do the bills, do some laundry, figure dinner out and make it... Isn't it interesting how there is ALWAYS something that we don't want to do that needs to get done? I am planning on leaving Facebook at the end of July / beginning of August. I will continue to blog but I will just post it and, hopefully, people will find it and subscribe so they know when a new post is available. If not, it will amount to, basically, me talking to myself and I have always felt that there is nothing wrong with talking to one's self unless they as, "WHAT? or "HUH?" or "Are you nuts?" Tomorrow is still my weekend so I will blog again tomorrow almost certainly. Thanks, as always and forever, for stopping by. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment