Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Me and You and Einstein and Darwin (makes sense to me)

Well, it is 16:14 and I did not make it to see my mom today. I am saddened by that but I doubt she would know I was there even if I had been able to go. My day got away from me as it always seems to do. I fixed (bandaged in a sense) the two fence posts that are starting to give way. I did laundry (Cha Cha's as I did mine yesterday) and hung most of it out on the line in the backyard. Jeff and I went to the bank - he loves going to the bank because they give him treats at the drive-up window. I worked on another project that Jill had for me - it involved glue and epoxy and soldering so I was cool with that. I cleaned the kitchen as I do every single day that I am in this house. I went grocery shopping for my work lunches which start back up in the early morning. I made my HUGE bowl of salad that will be divvied out throughout the next four days. Jeff worked with me in the backyard a bit and at 10:00 the weekly weather warning test siren began to wale. Jeff turned into the title character from Dances With Wolves and began howling (like Two Socks might do) just like the siren. He does have white socks too but he'd probably be called Four Socks.

If you have not seen the limited series Genius on NatGeo (National Geographic Channel) I highly recommend it. It is about the life of Albert Einstein. Episode seven (of 16 I think) is on tonight but I am sure you can catch-up somewhere if you haven't been watching. Johnny Flynn plays Einstein for the first ten episodes and then Geoffrey Rush will play the elder Einstein for the next six (at least). Rush is very good as Al (I call him Al). The first episode was directed by Ron Howard. Here is A LINK so you can get caught up and watch the show if you wish. It appears that you have to be a cable or satellite television subscriber to watch as it asks you to "select your provider" and login. I will be right back - it sounds like there is another bird in the house and I need to go down and check and save another life perhaps. Nope - it was either some of the hundreds in the backyard or the four that are still living on our front door that I heard.
Flynn and Rush - "Way to go Einsteins!"
I cannot believe it is already nearly 17:00. I guess we are going out for dinner again with our Maid or Matron of Honor (Mary) and our friend Scott) at 18:00. I think we are going to Rosita's and maybe we will eat outside. I will try to sit with a clear head shot if I am on anyone's hit list. I would rather there not be any collateral damage so I will make it easy for you and safer for them. I cannot believe we can even still afford to eat with just having paid property taxes and income taxes. I guess somebody has to pay for that stupid warning signal that makes Four Socks howl. I am not really that hungry but Rosita's has great Tacos de Pescado (fish tacos). I also love their guacamole! We cannot stay long as Cha Cha has another paper due by midnight for her class at DePaul. She is hoping that they don't give her another scholarship because she wants to take a semester off. If they gave it to her and she could use it later that would be nice but she has to use them right away or lose them. I am glad that I am stupid and don't have to trifle with that sort of thing.


While I am writing this I am also watching a show that I recorded April first. It is called Questioning Darwin (as far as I know I may have recorded it April first last year). I seem to have an affinity for the old-time brainiacs. I guess, since I am with Cha Cha, I like the new-time brainiacs too. This is a really good show (one-time. Not a series) too. It was on HBO so if you have HBO you can probably get it on HBOGo I would imagine?

Alright, it is after 17:00 so I had better get things wrapped-up and get ready  - actually I think Cha Cha may be home by the sound of it. It was Fabio coming back from getting a haircut. It's good that he did because I should get dressed and such since I have ruined my chances for an old man nap on my Sunday. Thanks a lot for coming by. I am not sure if I will blog again before Sunday but stranger things have happened. Have a great four or five days (and many more, actually). TTTSa or Su...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment