Sunday, June 26, 2016

The UUUUGE Pear of Pants Blog

I just got done with lunch so what better time to blog than when having some salad in my stomach? I also have the Pirates - Dodgers game on. I, of course, am rooting for the Dodgers. They are leading 5 - 4 in the top of the 6th. Yesterday the Cardinals won and the Cubs lost, I am confident (relatively) that St. Louis will make the playoffs again this season.

I am not feeling very well today. I had a terrible stomach ache this morning and it is still there but a bit milder than it was this morning. I am on my fourth load of laundry and I mowed the lawn. I am thinking about either taking a nap when I am done writing this or maybe cleaning/re-organizing my closet. Maybe I will just take a nap in the closet? I have also thought about going down and riding the stationary bike since it is weigh-in day tomorrow. I need to have lost 1,2 pounds by tomorrow afternoon to make is 60 pounds lost since the end of December. I know I am probably boring you by talking about my struggle every week but you are, even if unwittingly, helping me have even more accountability, I do not like to disappoint people so I am using you and, for that, I thank you. I disappoint myself quite often but it isn't the same.
This is why acting like a bigger shot than you are can backfire

I saw where Donald Trump is asking for donations to fund his Presidential campaign. I thought he was so rich and was going to pay for everything himself because his bank account was UUUUGE! He raised $3,000,000 in contributions in one single day from his victims supporters if I read the article correctly. What happened to him "paying his own way?" This fund-raising is doing much better than his first attempt of collecting money when 74% of the emails he sent-out to fund his campaign ended-up in SPAM folders. The Trump campaign said that his begging for funding will be a daily thing now. Eric Trump said they are trying to raise another $10,000,000 by Thursday. Is it possible that he exaggerated his personal wealth? He does not seem like someone who would stretch the truth, does he?

The washer and the drier just jingled so I am going to break-off for a moment to fold the clothes in the drier, move the clothes from the washer to the newly dried clothes' former spots and start a new washing load (the final one for today as everything will be clean after this one). I will be back in a few moments with maybe something else on my mind to write about?

Now that is a true PEAR of pants!
Clothes are shuffled appropriately and I went upstairs and put on a pair of sweatpants and a hooded sweatshirt. How come it is a pair of pants and not a pair of shirts? I can understand a pair of socks and a pair shoes but why a pair of pants if it is all one unit? And what about a pair of glasses? If it were two separate monocles I could see them being a pair. Is it a pair or pants because they are two leg holes? A shirt has two (a pair) of arm holes. I cannot even think of saying that I am going to put on a pair of sweatshirts unless I was putting on two sweatshirts.

I am wearing a sweatshirt and sweatpants (pair of sweats?) because, for some reason, 72 degrees seems really cold to me today. Someone had the thermostat this morning when I got up and I dialed it back up to 72. It isn't really a dial like the old days - I arrowed it up to 72 degrees.

I see that I am just rambling now which usually indicates that it is time to wrap it up. Thanks for letting me type to keep my hands warm without having to wear a pair of gloves (pair makes sense to me there), I am sure that I will blog again tomorrow and, hopefully, I will have reached the minus 60 mark. The Dodgers have two men on with no outs in the 9th so maybe they will score a pair (couldn't resist the "pair") again before the Pirates get up in the bottom of the ninth. Have a great rest of your day and a wonderful night. I guess riding the bike would warm me up a bit wouldn't it? I think I may do that before I hit the rack for a pair of z's. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment