Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Happiness is a Warm Blog

 Not all sadness can be erased, unfortunately  
It is already 16:37; this day has been and is still flying by. I have done quite a bit today which is when days seem to fly by. I worked-out this morning because today was weigh-in day. I weighed-in because today is weigh-in day. Why do I work-out and weigh-in? Can't I work-in and weigh-out once in awhile? Anyway, I lost 3.2 pounds over this past week which is kind of misleading since I gained 1.2 last week so, that means, I really re-lost that 1.2 and then just lost two pounds this week. I am happy with that. I also shopped at three different supermarkets after weigh-in and then made a huge salad to get us through the rest of the week.

I have been distracted in my thoughts for the last three days or so. My heart has been very heavy since Sunday and I am sure that feeling of sorrow will continue for some time. I do not like to see friends going through difficult times. I don;t like to see strangers go through grief either. I know I am not unusual in that way as almost all of us are empathetic and sympathetic when our loved-ones face troubles and turmoils. I always want to be someone who fixes things for people but this is something that cannot be fixed. My resolve will be tested over the next few days but I know I will rise to the occasion for my dear friend. I will see many people that I am grateful that are no longer in my life but I will be cordial as required.

Something good (for me at least) is that the Cardinals won the first game of a three-game series with the Cubs last night. No MATTer what happens my team will not be swept in this series. It was a good game and I was happy to stay awake for the entire game; I cannot imagine I will make it through tonight's entire game as I am ready to fall asleep now. I will make it as far as I can in the game. Cubs - Cardinals series are always good regardless of how either team is doing otherwise in that particular season. I guess that can be said of most rivalries in any sport.
 I am so proud of my spiritual growth in adding photos 

I am almost over this cold that I have had for a few weeks. There is still an occasional cough and some sniffles though the congestion has broken-up. Cha Cha is at work today so she feels quite a bit better than she was feeling too. She had worked from home for the last few days which is a nice part of her job - that she has the capability to do that. There are not too many jobs that can allow for that flexibility. She is also one who actually works from home when she is working from home. I am not sure if I would always have that focus as I am easily distracted. Maybe that is what testosterone or any of a number of other things does.

I really do not know what else is going on in the world and I am okay with that. Sometimes I wish I did not live in such a global society. Occasionally, I envy small tribes of people that live in their own little village unaware of all the craziness surrounding them. I know I could stop watching and listening to news and get off of social media but, quite frankly, I am too damn nosy to do that. Gilligan's Island sounds really good too me sometimes. Like Robinson Crusoe I wouldn't mind being primitive as can be.
Losing weight would be no problem (unless you're the Shipper)
Geez, now it is 17:25 and I am wondering if I will be awake for the first pitch tonight. And, of course, tomorrow is a day game when I will be unable to watch a day game. So, do I record that game and come home and watch that later without commercials? Ugh, that is impossible since, right after I get home from my day gig I am going to comfort my friend and deal with people from my past that I am happy I no longer have to deal with. How will I do that without hearing something about the outcome of the game? I can listen to Pandora in the car on the way to the sadness but everyone knows that I am a Cardinals' fan and someone will certainly let the bird out of the bag - AAAARRRGGGGHHH.

Okay, enough for me for today which is good for you. Thank you for stopping by. I will not (guaranteed) be blogging tomorrow though I would probably not be blogging tomorrow no MATTer what. I hope you have a great evening and lookout for what they are calling sever storms tomorrow in the MIDDLEwest. Have a great night and I hope your favorite teams wins tonight as long as my favorite team wins tonight. TTT (probably Saturday night or Sunday)...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment