Sunday, June 19, 2016

Life is a Roller Coaster Ride - Hold on Tight!

Fox Valley Raiders alums after sprinkled with life experiences
Today was quite a day of highs and downs. I was excited to meet with some friends from long ago - a mini-reunion of sorts. I know one of my life resolutions was to avoid reunions but since this was a "mini" reunion I decided to cave. I bet there is a minimum number of people that constitutes a reunion though a marriage is considered a reunion of two so I may have voided this resolution. If I am going to break a pledge to myself I will accept this one as acceptable. Seven of us who were in the Fox Valley Raiders Drum & Bugle Corps as much younger people gathered in Aurora (where we would practice and catch buses to travel the country every summer) for a lunch get-together. It was wonderful sharing old stories and catching-up. I was quite upset that I was about six minutes late to the get-together until I received my lunch order and found that everyone else had already eaten. I had entered the time into my calendar as 12:30 when, in fact, the real meeting time was to be at 11:30. I also did have to make a dramatic entrance. I suppose that gave them time to talk about me without my input. Overall, this was one of the definite highs of the day.

Earlier in the day, which would have made me late to this lunch anyway because "a friend in need is a friend I will stop my world for." One of my very dearest friends for many years lost a very close person and I was speaking on the phone with him about this. He is much stronger than I would or could be in his position. I hope I offered him some solace though his hurt is not something that words can fix. It is even one of those things that even time will not repair though they say, wrongly, that time heals all wounds. So, after my earlier reunion, I met with him to try to comfort him and ease his pain. I will send he and his family good vibrations, thoughts, juju and whatever other good I can conjure from the cosmos. He is going through one of those things that it is said someone should never have to endure. I am getting sad again just writing about this so I will move on.
 So, based on that, I am not as intelligent as I often pretend 
Some things put other things into perspective. Cha Cha and I have been fighting pretty bad colds for a couple of weeks. I know, for a fact, that Cha Cha would prefer to stay as terribly sick as she is right now for the rest of here life rather than have to deal with what my buddy is dealing with. I will drop it now.

I am having a really difficult time focusing on things today. I think I am a bit sleepy, still on the back-end of this cold and other things (nothing mysterious). Maybe it was the six or seven glasses of iced tea I drank today?

Cha Cha, Splenda, Fabio and I took my dad (and my mom) out for lunch for Father's Day yesterday. It was a very nice day. My dad is doing well and my mom is doing okay too. I miss golfing with my dad but, with his two replacement knees, he cannot play golf. I talked with my friend Mike today and he and I may start playing golf together soon. He has some kind of pressing things on his plate right now but I will go to the driving range in the meantime. I may even walk over to the golf course tomorrow and do some pitching and putting on one of the practice greens. Perhaps I will even get gutsy and walk nine (or 18) holes alone? I really miss golfing and it is a great way to clear one's head once in awhile (at least for me). And, yes, empty things capture dust on occasion and need to be cleared now and again.

Well, it's 18:28 and I think I am going to shove-off. Game of Thrones is tonight and I think Silicon Valley. Game 7 of the NBA Finals is also on tonight. Nobody ever thought those words would have been spoken written. I am not sure what all is on tonight which is why the DVR is always set-up. I ain't got time to remember things! Thank you for stopping by. I am really delighted and astounded that you keep coming by but, mostly, I am grateful. enjoy the rest of your night / day. TTTT (probably)...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment