Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Surprise Wednesday Blog!

Pretty much the same as MATTMATH!
I know I don't ordinarily blog on Wednesdays but I called-off of work today to watch-over Jill. I am so happy that she is doing pretty well other than being really sore from them putting that tube in her leg to get her blood to test yesterday. She has a few other minor issues too but, all-in-all, she is a tough cookie. They ruled-out a few things that could have possibly been wrong with her but we still don;t know what is driving her health issues. It is 01:39 and, on most Wednesdays, I would be getting excited that I would be getting off in a little over two hours. I am not sure how most superheroes do it, save for the fact that there isn't really a: Batman, Captain America, Robin, Batgirl or the other heroes without super powers (which is why I didn't call them superheroes) do it. I should probably also include Tony Stark (Iron Man) too I suppose. I just now thought about Spiderman - he had some special powers but he could still be injured. Though I never considered myself a superhero (or even a hero, for that MATTer) when I worked for the police department, I was ALWAYS tired. Perhaps that was because I worked the graveyard shift (22:00 - 06:00). It was, nearly literally, killing me so that "graveyard shift" phrase almost came to fruition and caused me to leave the job. Unless something unforeseen occurs I plan to go back to work tomorrow.

I have been having some very minor health hiccups but nothing of consequence. My doctor on Monday didn't seem concerned and I have another appointment with another of my team of doctors next week to see what he says. If not for the medications that I get from them to keep me from dying (prescriptions) I wouldn't even go see doctors.

I came up here to the bedroom with the expressed purpose of taking a nap. Though it usually does not work as I plan I was able to take a nap for an hour or so. Happily, I did not sleep very long because then I would be unable to sleep tonight and the cycle would just continue. I intend to sleep tonight and go to work tomorrow. I have not decided whether I will use a vacation day to back-fill for not being at work today but I will figure that out.

While I am typing one of my favorite movies is playing - The Drop. Actually, I am playing it from the DVR of my saved films. The movie is based on a short story, written by Dennis Lehane, called Animal Rescue. I have never read the short story but I believe I will, now that I think about it. I will check the library or, perhaps, check the interweb. I am always working on several stories at a time that will probably never be done because I am always researching. Maybe I should get a short story published first? I highly suggest The Drop for just about anyone over 18 since it is rated R for violence and naughty talk.

I spoke to my dad about my mom and she is about the same as she has been. He says she sleeps most of the time when he visits her. I feel guilty that I have not been to see her for a few weeks but we have had our own fun going on up in this hizzy.

Alright, I am going to end now. I thank you for stopping by and for all of the the kind words and such when Jill was busy being worked-on again. One day we will learn what all ails her and she will be even more perfect than she already is. At least they ruled a few more things out for now. She is so much more healthy than she was when we were in college and she was battling Crohn's Disease. She's one tough cookie. I am not sure what tomorrow will bring but I will blog again within the next few days or so (I love "or so" and "etc." because they are just so ambiguous). TTT "later"...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment