Monday, May 22, 2017

Don't Look Back!

It seems like such a long time since I have blogged. Ha, that makes me think why I have not blogged in awhile - Cha Cha and my trip out east. If you follow me on Facebook I am sure you have seen all of the photos and posts from our trip. We had perfect weather every single day except for one day when we were driving and it rained like crazy. I am glad it was a driving day when it rained so we could use all of our non-driving time seeing and doing awesome things. The reason I said "that makes me think of wht I have not blogged." I would see signs for towns like Hyannis and I thought about one of the first LP's (long play albums for you vinylly-challenged youngsters) the self-titled album Boston by Boston. The song "Rock and Roll Band" speaks (sings) about them playing in Hyannis. Now, of course, I am playing the album digitally now. I see, on the interweb, that this vinyl album is selling for about $45.00. I wonder if my scratched (from over-playing) is worth that much. I have so many albums that I should really get a turntable again. I was huge in buying those picture discs and such. I think I have about 30 of those kinds of albums by The Police and The Beatles and who knows who else. I have a new mission to get those out and start spinning (that's an old term for you youngsters) some vinyl. 

I have to go over and visit one of my team of physicians this morning in about 30 minutes. I am going to try to push for medical marijuana. I have never been a pothead Focker but I drank the Kool-Aid that it was bad for us but I know much better than that now. It is funny how the pharmaceutic companies can scare the heck out of us to not steal away their medicine money by having the governments convince us that we need to take their crap when Native Americans (what was in those peace pipes?) never had drug stores and they seemed pretty damned healthy from everything that I have learned. I am into Hawaiian shirts and Buddhism and meditation and such so I think I need to add that final piece of the puzzle to go full Cheech and Chong. Okay - I am going to break now and get ready for the Neurologist and see how good of a salesman I can be. 420 for now!
Back from the doctor and I misplayed the Focker card. I think I should have come out and directly asked about medical marijuana rather than trying to make it be his idea. I will not let that mistake happen again. I added that photo over there to the left. I always liked the Cheech and Chong movies even though I wasn't a stoner. When I worked as a manager at Zanies Comedy Club I met Tommy Chong and he was kind of a pompous d-bag. I always liked Cheech Marin much more anyway. Chong did sign a photo for me though. I have another appointment with my other neurologist next week and maybe I will be more direct with him. You always thought I was kidding when I said I had a team of doctors. In a bit I am taking Cha Cha to her doctor's appointment. That makes me think that I need to get over and see my mom again. My dad says she just sleeps most of the time when he is there. 

Vacation made me let down my eating guard bigly; I need to lose a few of the LB's that I brought back as vacation souvenirs. 

I am watching CNN while typing and continue to wonder why I watch this channel so much. They really talk about one thing for about seven hours, or so, at a time. I wrote television and newspaper news stories for many years so I appreciate the work that these people do but I also know what over-saturation is. These stories seem to lose their impact if you just hear the same things over and over and over and over infinitude. My favorite part of CNN is listening to Darth Vader (James Earl Jones) say "this is CNN."
James Earl Vader

I need to wrapping this up so I can start some laundry before getting Cha Cha to her doctor's appointment. I will try to write again tomorrow but I never know what a day might bring so I would put the odds at 67:33 but I definitely would bet the over if that is an option. Thank you so much for humoring me and, hopefully visa versa. I will try to blog again tomorrow since I already mowed the lawn yesterday. Have a great night and be who you want to be until I blog again. TTTT?...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment