Monday, May 29, 2017

Happy Memorial Day!

Happy Memorial Day. It seems odd to call Memorial Day "happy" since it is about remembering the people (and animals too I suppose) who have died serving our country while in the armed forces. I do appreciate their services and sacrifices. So much so that I was sworn-in as an Army Military Police Officer before having a work accident in high school that caused me not to be able to serve. I have been forever thankful for that accident ever since as it made me change my career path and go to college where I would meet the woman who I have loved since 1982ish and, also because of that day, two people whom I love as much as anyone has ever loved anyone throughout history are alive (had been born). Thank you for your service armed forces members past, present and future. Happily, I do not work on Mondays or I would have to be there rather than here when Cha Cha is here.

Happy 100th birthday John F. Kennedy! Always one of my favorite Presidents. Maybe because he was the one who was in charge when I was born? My grandparents has a large bronze bust of his that sat on one of their tables when I was young. I always loved that thing.

I watch CNN (I know it used to stand for Cable News Network but I am not certain if that is still the case) just about every morning. This morning I was saddened to hear that my Fatherland (Germany) says that "The United States can no longer be completely relied-on anymore." German Chancellor Angela Merkel said, "Europe must be prepared to take it's fate into it's own hands" because they can "no longer completely rely on the U.S.." She said this right after our illustrious President was safely back in t the U. S and A.. I wonder how my Motherland (Ireland) feels about this. You really don't want to anger Germany and Ireland at the same time; happily they are both member of the European Union (EU). I know the Paris Climate Agreement and our country's stance on that is up for grabs. One source says we are in agreement and another says that we are not. I am beginning to think that our country is bipolar and need to see a shrink or have an intervention or something. I am seriously thinking about relocating to another country. There are so many better options, in my opinion, than living here under this manic administration. There are many things that make me want to stay here but there are probably more things that make me want to go. Some of those things, however, could be taken with us, of course. If we went to war with the EU I know that we would lose as I am not sure if we have any allies that would be with us in that event. I suppose Canada and Mexico would be forced to be with us if, for no other reason than, proximity. Maybe Mexico will help fund that wall now? I doubt that war is actually a legitimate option as there are many other ways to deal with our problems though it does seem that our country has gone backwards a few miles over the past several months.
This is what Paris looked like when we were there. Europe doesn't mess around

I try not to become political but I believe that it is our responsibility to protect those who cannot protect themselves.

I should quite writing the blog because I often depress myself. It is better to get things out than hold them in I suppose. I do feel better when I get them out, I have to say. I have, many times, said that this is like my therapy and it is somewhat.

I used to watch very little auto racing back when I was a yute. My mom was a huge NASCAR fan up until she starting not remembering much but I never really got the bug as she did. Her favorite driver was always Tony Stewart (well, probably not always). She even named one of her many, many, many cats Smoke because that was Stewarts' nickname. An Illinois State Trooper pulled Stewart over for speeding here in my current town of residence (DeKalb) earlier this week. I don't know why they always expect NASCAR drivers to follow the rules as the sport began as, pretty much, bootlegging. If The Dukes of Hazard taught  has us nothing else it should have been that with The General Lee with the rebel flag on the top and the "wish I were in the land of cotton" Dixieland horn blowing racing to get Uncle Jessie's moonshine to his customers that we still have plenty of redneck car racing blood in our system. Unfortunately, it goes all the way to The White House these days. I think we should change the racist name of The White House to something else too.
I have been told that he looks like me (poor fellow) 

I think I am going to go out on the patio and sit with Cha Cha for awhile before I start cleaning the garage. The garage isn't that bad but it does need to get a bit tidier to get two of the cars in there. Tomorrow I head (no pun intended) to my other Neurologist. I am probably going to stop seeing the one here in town and continue to go to the one at CDH (Central Dupage Hospital) because he seems more up-to-date with the new stuff than the one here in town. That would save some money too, obviously. I hope you have a great day and enjoy time doing whatever you want to do. It's days like this that I am happy that I don't work at the police department any longer. Bad people don't rest on holidays. Plus, a lot of high school graduations have been happening throughout the month of May at The Convocation Center on campus. Those were one of the worst times of the year to work at the P.D. on campus. Man, I sure do not missing those graduation days. Thanks for stopping by and maybe I will blog again tomorrow after my doctor's appointment. TTTT?...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment