Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Happy Movember (not for Matt November like I thought)

Happily, I have ONE day off today. I have to go back tomorrow and then, on Thursday, I will find out which of the three days I usually am supposed to have off, I will get to work. My guess is that I will "get to" work Monday and Tuesday next week in addition to Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday that is supposed to be my actual schedule. Yes, I am whining but that is what I tend to do when I am sleepy.
I think this is before they changed their mascot from The Groundhogs to The Cubs
Last night Jeff and I sat on the front porch and handed candy out to the kids who came here trick-or-treating. I told some of them that Jeff was a gentle werewolf and I told others that he was a cat dressed like a Border Collie. He loves people and he was excellent with all of the attention and costumes. Many of them petted him and he loved that. He tried to eat some of the chocolate in the basket we were using to hold the goodies we were passing-out but I think he was happy just sniffing the candy. Well, maybe not "happy" but he did not eat any chocolate. Supposedly chocolate is bad for dogs because it speeds their heart rates to a dangerous level. Some people didn't appreciate my costume of wearing my St. Louis Cardinals jacket and my Cleveland Indians cap. I have all the MLB caps so the one I war just had the C on it and not the face of Chief Wahoo. I thought about wearing my Montreal Expos cap but the kids would have been confused. Speaking of that I think The World Series continues tonight. I do not have a horse in this race but I have more friends who are Cubs' fans than Indians' fans so I hope the Cubs', at the very least, take this to seven games.

Movember starts today (no, that is not spelled incorrectly). I think Movember is mainly to grow mustaches for men's health issues but I am doing the whole facial hair movement. To be honest, I started about a week or two early to get a head-start (maybe a face-start). I have a lot of gray hair on my face - salt-and-pepper. I am pretty sure that song linked there was written about me.

Dana Carvey is on The Today Show right now doing celebrity impressions; he's not very good. Right now he is doing Katherine Hepburn trying to start her car - actually, that one is pretty funny. And now Tom Brokaw asking "where is the library in Spanish." I was watching WGN but, whenever Ana Belaval comes on I change the channel for... damn it she is back on again and I changed the channel again. I really cannot stomach her not letting the story be the story. She has to be the center of everything. I have a tendency to do that on occasion and I fight it but then people ask, "what's wrong with Matt?" It is a tight rope to walk and I understand if someone tunes me out when I am in Ana Belaval mode.

That reminds me that Cha Cha and I are seeing Kathleen Madigan Thursday at The Egyptian Theater here in town. We have seen her in concert before and we like her a great deal so we are doing it again. I am looking forward to it and I am happy that it is in town so I can get home and get to sleep fairly early. I am MIDDLE-aged and need my beauty sleep. Okay, too late for the beauty but I need my anti-crabby sleep.
Cha Cha and I watched the new TBS series People of Earth last night. I kept dozing-off so I will probably watch it again (for the first time) when I get done writing this. I thought about doing the bills while I watch it but then I will not see it again. So, after this, I will give that show my undivided sole concentrated expressed 80% attention.

Now that Halloween is over Thanksgiving is next. I guess election day is before that but I will not mention that beyond saying that day is one week from today (the first Tuesday following the first Monday of November in even-numbered years). I think now that farming is so much more advanced than it used to be that we could just declare that "Election Day is on November 8th every year" (just an arbitrary date by me). I know it was always the first Tuesday following the first Monday because farmers would usually be done with the fall harvest but we have lights on tractors now and GPS and implements are powered rather than pulled by horses and oxen and such. Cows are milked by machines and butter is churned using electricity... My brother will be home (the family home) from Hawaii (his home) from November 21st until 28th I think. I have to work on Thanksgiving (and the day before and after and day two days after and whatever days they decide to make me work before and after those days) so I am not sure which day we will be eating turkey. Maybe I will just have to settle for other peoples' left-overs? I am fine with that.
 I ALWAYS vote so I have the right to bitch! 

Today is normally weigh-in day for me. Last week I was staffed-up so I could not go and this week I am a coward because I have not been very good over the past few weeks. I may take one more week off and weigh-in again next week. Unfortunately, I will probably not be able to go next week because I might be coerced demanded coaxed coerced allowed to work that day. It may be time for a position change? There are several other jobs within the company I currently work for and maybe they don't have to work six days a week (64 hours a week) in some of those other departments. I think I will look into that tomorrow after my shift is over?

I hope you have a great day and it looks like a sunny one her in the MIDDLEWEST. I am watching last nights The Daily Show With Trevor Noah and then I will watch People Of Earth again for the first time since the real first time didn't take. Since I have a week before weigh-in again maybe I will go out for lunch. I will try to make good food choices but I am in a slump right now. Thank you for stopping by; I always am happy to know that I am not alone in the pre-apocalyptic world. TTTNT...MITH (out) TA!




No comments:

Post a Comment