Tuesday, November 15, 2016

B.W.A. - Blogger With Attitude

That's right, I have Bradley Cooper take my stuff to Goodwill
It is 14:35 already and I am on the last half day of my 4 1/2 days off. I must say that I feel very revitalized and ready to work my regular forty hours (4 - 10's) starting tomorrow. I have already done quite a few things today. Cha Cha and I walked Jeff for 1.3 miles before she headed in to the office. Then I rode the stationary bike in the basement for twenty miles and then ran two more miles. I took a huge HEFTY (is that redundant?) bag of my fat-Matt clothes over the Goodwill. Is it ironic that I took my fat-guy clothes to the donation place in a Hefty bag? The, of course, I showered and then went to weigh-in. I told just over four pounds since last week and now that I will have my Tuesdays off again until, at least the MIDDLE of February, I am pushing very hard to lose 100 pounds this year before my one-year anniversary of starting this journey on December 29th. I know losing just under 30 pounds in 1-1/2 months sounds tough but I will dangle that carrot stick out there until the finish line crosses me.

While writing this I am watching Straight Outta Compton on HBO. Mississippi Burning last night and this today. It seems like the television programmers have a sorta theme going on lately. It is probably just coincidence with the  unrest in my country right now but I always look too much into everything. While I rode my 20 miles this morning I watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail. That is one funny movie. I always have something on in the background though it is usually just music - Pandora most of the time. While we walked Jeff this morning I had the Barenaked Ladies station on (in my sweatshirt pocket not on earbuds because that would have been very rude).

While I watched Monty Python I could not help but think that Mel Brooks might have been America's equivalent of Monty Python's Flying Circus? I suppose a better argument could be made for Kids In The Hall (though they're Canadian so that eliminates them from that I suppose). Which makes me think of SCTV which were also Canucks. Saturday Night Live in the "Not Ready For Prime-time Players" days of: Gilda and Belushi and Chevy and Murray and Aykroyd and Curtain and Morris and Newman? Yeah, that's the one - SNL.

I saw something on the internet that there is a bitter letter circulating that John Lennon wrote after the break-up of The Beatles. I did not read it and I hope to never hear about it in detail There is enough anger and hostility going-on now so why do we need to borrow trouble from 1969 or 1970 (depending on who you listen to)? That is really weird to me since I did not know about that until today but I put a photo of John Lennon in the blog on Saturday. I really need to play the lottery though I may have just used my good juju on that, huh? What a waste.
You may have seen her on The Last Man on Earth this season?

I am very sad about all of the anger and hostility in America lately. I still, occasionally, consider leaving all of social media (Facebook, Twitter...) but then I think of all of you friends and the people who are good and I stop dwelling on the negative. I cannot let the bullies chase me off. Cha Cha left Facebook and she says she will probably never return. She does seem much happier again. I cannot leave even if just because that is where some of my favorite photos and people.
Same eyebrows, right?

So weird - American Pie just came on after Straight Outta Compton. Why is that weird? Because I wrote about SCTV and Eugene Levy, one of the cast members of that show, is in this movie. All things lead back to Matt In The Middle (eventually). And, I put that photo of Cha Cha there before Levy showed-up. Again - everything leads back to or comes from MITM.

Okay, I am going to end now because I am starting to bore myself which means you are probably already gone and won't read how much I appreciate you stopping by again today. Even if you are already gone I wish you a great rest of your day/night and tomorrow... I am not sure if I will blog over the next four days but I may surprise us. TTT???...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment