Friday, November 11, 2016

Doctor's Orders and So-forth

It is 14:33 and I am home from work - doctor's orders and so-forth. I am disappointed a bit because the overtime has been nice but working six days a week was taking a toll on me and my team of physicians has decided I should not work this many hours at this juncture. So, beginning next week I will work my four ten-hour shifts and have my three-day weekends (Sunday, Monday and Tuesday) again.

I think Jill and I will head back to Woodstock again tomorrow to Blue Lotus Temple Buddhist Temple for meditation, We have not been able to go for quite awhile because I always work Saturdays but I have this Saturday off because I already have 40 hours in this week. They also have meditation Monday nights at 19:00 so we may start going then again as I will be working Saturdays again next week and I will have Mondays and Tuesdays off. Many times Jill will work from home on Mondays or Tuesdays so this will depend upon her schedule. We both get a lot out of spending time with the Buddhist Monks and I guess if I had to consider myself anything religiously or spiritually I would say that I am a Buddhist. I have always maintained the Buddhist ideals of kindness and caring but going there makes it so much more concrete I suppose. If you're looking for a new experience the meditation is at 10:00 and we always have lunch somewhere withing the Gobbler's Knob town square after we are one with the groundhog again. I didn't know today's blog was going to be an entire Bill Murray reference parade but his Chicago Cubs did win the World Series and all.

I guess we have a new President that did not win the popular election but was chosen by the Electoral College. This is the fourth time in our country's history that this has happened, I have said for several years that the popular vote could easily be tabulated and used for this decision given our technological advances since George Washington's day. I have accepted what happened last week and I hope for the best though I will always have a Plan B and a Plan C ready for action. Nothing violent, however, since I am a Buddhist. I seriously do wonder why we take the time to vote if our votes really do not count as they say and pretend that they do. Illinois went the way that I had hoped it would but it usually does. Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised but that would surprise me even more.

I have thought about going the way of Cha Cha and stop using Facebook for, at least, awhile. One of the reasons I believe I have not done that yet is because I am too nosy. Actually I do like to stay in contact with many friends. I also like to write the blog and, for some reason, it make me like writing even more knowing that people read it and Facebook gives me that narcissistic gratification. I suppose that is why I have done lots of newspaper and magazine writing and editing, written news for television and radio and the like... over the years. The jury is still out on what I will do with the Facebook deal.

I just took a break and went out and played Frisbee with Jeff. He loves to catch the Frisbee and he is very good and jumps very high to catch it.
Bhante Sujatha 

I am kind of thinking about taking a nap. Cha Cha will not be home for about three hours or so, I am trying to talk myself into a nap. I am successful and will take a nap so I can be totally focused for meditating tomorrow morning. Can you tell that I am excited about going north tomorrow? I also have to get refocused on my weight loss. I have gone up a few pounds over the last few weeks and that is going to stop.

Thanks for stopping by and I will write again at least once or twice between now and when I go back to work on Wednesday. Until then I hope you have a great everything. It would be awesome to see you in Woodstock in the morning but that is a big decision I suppose.

My tip of the day for you is this... "do not take a drunk dentist to an arrest" - inspired by events of October 26, 1881. I hope those words of advise will serve you well.

TTTvery soon...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment