Monday, November 21, 2016

Get Busy Bloggin' or Get Busy Dyin'

Hello again! It is almost 15:00 already so I thought if I was going to blog today I had better get to blogging. Get busy bloggin' or get busy dyin'.

Yesterday Cha Cha and I went over and got a new microwave as the old one took a poop awhile ago. We had bought a counter-top replacement and used that for awhile as we had thought about redoing some of the kitchen but we are now thinking about residing the house instead so I installed the new microwave yesterday. Just a bit ago Fabio and I tool the counter-top microwave over to Goodwill and I (allegedly) took the one that I removed from above the stove yesterday over to unspecified location in an unspecified town in an unspecified country and threw it in an unspecified dumpster allegedly. 

After the microwave drops Fabio and I went over to the new Popeye's Chicken to get him some lunch. They put the Popeye's right next to where Kentucky Fried Chicken WAS - literally RIGHT NEXT TO it. So, KFC/Long John Silver's closed-up shop and left town. Fabio loved the chicken. I had some cole slaw and it was pretty good but not near as good as Long John Silver's.

This morning I rode the stationary bike for 20 miles while I watched Race on HBO GO on my laptop which I sat on a bar stool so, technically, it was a bar stool top and not a laptop as it was not on my lap. Race is a movie about Jesse Owens and his trip to Berlin to compete in the 1936 Olympics. Stephen James was excellent as Owens and Jason Sudeikis was great as coach Larry Snyder. I love the name of the film and the double meaning was not lost on me. It was very interesting that the black athletes and the white athletes had no segregated dorm rooms. The black athletes had more rights in Nazi Germany than they had in America but maybe Hitler thought that would have cause dissension? I am not sure about Jewish athletes from other counties though. I have seen many movies about Owens and I think this is my favorite so far. Maybe I like him because his birthday was two days before mine exactly 50 years before my time; we Virgos have to stick together. I was always a great admirer of he and of Jackie Robinson for what they had to endure to do what they loved and what they did to make this world a much better place for millions and millions of people. The 20 miles on the bike seemed much easier this time while seeing what he went through. I will probably do 20 more miles tomorrow before I go to weigh-in. 

That reminds me that I saw a thing on television about a German man with the surname of Elser (Johann Georg Elser) who was one of the first people known people to have conspired assassination attempts against Adolph Hitler and many high-ranking Nazi officials. He would have succeeded but Hitler left earlier than expected so the plan was foiled. He did manage to kill many Nazis but was captured and held in Dachau concentration camp. I have always been told that my surname, Helser, was changed from Holzhauer to sound more anglo during WWII. I did some reseach on my own and hound it may actually have been changed to Helser from Holzer (meaning "woodworker" or "carpenter" - like Jesus I guess). Now I wonder if my family was actually descended from this Elser fellow and someone added the H so as to not get reprisal from the Nazis? It sound like a good idea for a story even if it ends-up being fiction based-on historical speculation. 
Tonight Cha Cha and I are going up to Woodstock to the Buddhist temple again. I work Sundays so we cannot go to that one so we go to the Monday night until the hour-long drive will become too treacherous. I think we will have dinner at the former courthouse/jail (called Public House) too. It is a really good place for food and they have a nice patio during nicer weather too. The Blue Lotus (the place where we go) has a monk travel to a yoga place in St. Charles on Sunday nights but we went to that one and it was not as good as it is at the temple. We talked to the head monk and he said that they would come to Dekalb and do meditation on a weekly basis if we could find a place that  would allow then to use their place once a week. Cha Cha and I searched the city businesses and made a list of possibilities but we need to pursue it a bit harder. I bet Northern Illinois University might even have a place? We live in a cul-de-sac so parking would be an issue to do it in our house. 

I have mentioned many businesses today and should start getting residual/advertising checks or stop giving them free plugs. I am just a sucker I suppose. Notice I didn't mention Tootsie Pop? Damn, I did it again didn't I?

Okay, I have to get a few more things done before we head north tonight . Thank you for stopping in. I hope you have a great rest of your day/night. Thanksgiving is coming up in a few days and I will be working while Cha Cha and Fabio go to Splenda and Andy's place in Chicago; I am sad that I cannot do because Splenda is very excited for her first family Thanksgiving in her own place. I am very happy to only be working 40-hours a week and it has helped me medically I believe too. The overtime was nice but what good is the extra money if your too dead to spend any of it?! 

Have a great night and maybe I will blog again tomorrow? TTTT?...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment