Monday, December 5, 2016

Aces and Eights

It's 13:53 already. Time always goes so much faster on one's days off as opposed to the dragging days we have on doesn't it?

I just got done working-out. I noticed that I have not blogged since November 21st and have not worked-out since November 22nd; I am presuming that there is a correlation there. I rode the bike for 20 miles in just under an hour so, though I am no Lance Armstrong, I am happy with that time considering the break in time since the last riding. But, being a world-class cyclist is not worth having testicular cancer; all bikes should have banana seats (or banana hammock seats) I believe. I also worked with the weights and did 200 sit-ups before and after the ride. I weigh-in tomorrow and face the music no MATTer what the outcome. The last few times weighing-in were not my best weeks but I have to make-up for the slacking-off. I will ride another 20 miles tomorrow morning and will also probably do more sit-ups and such. I wanted to lose 100 pounds from December 29th, 2015 to the end of this year but I am probably going to fall short somewhere in the low-to-mid 80 pounds lost. I could have done it had I been a bit more diligent and dedicated but I am not too disappointed and will continue my descent. I will get there soon. I have only had two bananas, some grapes and water today and I will stay good between now and facing the scale.
 There has always been some controversy over what the fifth card was 
While riding today I began re-watching Deadwood on HBO GO again (the last time was just on HBO). I loved that series when I first watched it from around 2004 to 2006 and I love it just as much this second time around. I remember going to The Black Hills on vacation as a yute but I did not fully appreciate it as I believe I would today. Maybe Cha Cha and I will do a road trip there one day? I think I like the show so much because I like the old west and I like gambling and I like full-frontal nudity... I supposed I am into debauchery now that I type that there. How come nobody ever speaks about full "backal" nudity? Or would that be full "buttal" nudity?

There is a new series called The Young Pope starring Jude Law and Diane Keaton coming on HBO next month (January 15th I believe). I am not Catholic, though I was married in a Catholic church to a Catholic hottie, but the series looks really good. I like both Keaton and Law so I will watch that show. This blog was not meant to be an advertisement for HBO but it they wish to compensate me I am sure we could come to an agreement on terms.

I have been pretty busy over the past few weeks. I replaced our microwave, I replaced our stainless steel kitchen sink with a granite sink and a new faucet fixture, I worked my job (of course). I shoveled the driveway and sidewalk three times yesterday and salted once... I can really appreciate why plumbers make so much money though that has nothing to do with shoveling or the microwave. I had one teeny-tiny, itsy-bitsy leak around the garbage disposal and I think I finally got that licked? Everyday I would think to myself, "self, a small leak sank the Titanic and a little stream that turned into the Colorado River was probably how The Grand Canyon began. I worked on that sink every day after work last week  - which included redoing the plumbing because the new sink is a couple of inches deeper than it's predecessor. I think I made about five trips back and forth from here and Menard's and Lowe's. I felt like the Norm Peterson of the do-it-yourself world! "MATT!!!!!" Now I still have some parts (with receipts) that I did not use and will return. I just have to figure-out which receipt goes with which pipes and hoses and clamps and adapters... Good thing that receipts list the product names these days rather than just the item numbers.
I knew it all along!
Hey, maybe I will donate some plasma tomorrow too while I am out. I have not done that for about three or four months.

It is almost 13:00 and I still want to get some bills paid today so I think I will wrap-up. I will try not to wait so long until I blog again as I know you just wait on the edge of your seat to see what nonsense I will write about next. I am usually just as surprised as you are when I finally get around to writing. I hope you have a great rest of your day and I sure do appreciate your hanging with me. TTTT (or whenever I get around to it again)...MITH (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment