Friday, June 28, 2013

Father of the Bride

It's nice being the father of the bride when the wedding planning is going on. I have no responsibilities at this point really. I just get to sit back and listen to all of the trials and tribulations of the goings-on and shake my head yes or no and make those approving or disapproving faces depending on what information I am being provided. Hoping I shake it the correct way so I don't have to hear, "you're not even listening are you?"  The wedding isn't until May 2014 but that will be here before we know it. I will do what is asked of me but most of this stuff is way above my parental pay-grade. I know I am just a side dish and I am okay with that.Who doesn't love tater tots or spinach dip? I don't know much about flowers or dresses or wedding food or wedding songs. I don't know much about trigonometry (I just got lucky on spelling it correctly even)...  If it were up to me it would be like a Superbowl party with the wedding portraying the part of the game. Was I suppose to use the phrase "The Big Game" instead of Superbowl for copyright or trademark reasons? Buffets seem to be the way to go with anything I believe but that's where my expertise ends. And, I am not really sure if that is the way to go either so I suppose I will just stay out of it like I know I should.

Today is the parade or whatever the celebration for the Chicago Blackhawks winning the Stanley Cup is called. I cannot think of anything more awful. I have seen some video and photographs of the tens of thousands of people there and don't really know what they get out of it. Maybe 2% of the people there will see anything other than the back of somebody else's head. I am as excited as anyone of the winning of the cup. I have been a Hawks fan since I have liked hockey back in the 70's. While in college we probably went to about eight or nine games a season. We even went to see a game in St. Louis and one in Philadelphia but that was to games where we could see something. Maybe I am just old now and think about the driving in there and trying to find a parking spot for which I will pay way too much for and then not being able to see anything and getting beer spilled on me and have somebody screaming in my ear and then fighting Friday traffic (with the added Hawks traffic) to come back home. And then having to try a bathroom. I still am not sure why public urination is a crime! Or riding the train with a bunch of drunks and that one dude who throws-up on my shoes... Maybe if I didn't have such a vivid imagination I would enjoy life a little more huh?

I am already second-guessing no longer doing Dirty Laundry Podcast. It is mainly a hardware issue I think and getting a new MAC, though somewhat pricey, would solve most of the issues. There are pros and cons both ways. Just stay tuned - I have a feeling we will be back before you know it.

I just heard that Queen Elizabeth is getting a raise in 2014. Her pay will go from $55,000,000 to $57,700,000. That is the equivalent $87,883,089.79 in U.S. dollars (as converted at blog time). I know the Royal family and their home... are the reason for most of the tourism in England but that's a lot of coin for having your butt smooched all of the time. I would do that job for far less money. Just to live in the palace and wear those clothes (I don't look very good in pill-box hats though)and drive those cars...

It's 5 PM on your Friday so you are starting your weekend now most likely while I get ready to head into my Tuesday morning. I know I gripe about that all the time but it makes me feel better somehow to complain. It must be that way for most of us because we all feel like we need to complain about thing. Why is that? I don't feel better after I complain yet I still feel like I need to complain. Isn't that the definition of insanity? Now it all makes sense. I am gonna head out. Thanks a lot for stopping-by. You know I appreciate you. I just heard that over 2,000,000 people showed up for the Blackhawks celebration. Could each and every on of those people just send me $1.00 so I could get a really kick-ass studio and get the podcast going again? Have a great Frinight. I will probably blog again over the weekend. TTTThen....MITM (father of the briding) OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment