Monday, June 10, 2013

The Blog-roads

I am at a bit of a blog-roads. Nothing major probably but I feel it's time to figure out what to do with the blog and the podcast. I suppose it's well enough to do them as hobbies because I enjoy them both but feel like I am spinning my wheels. I haven't blogged for nine days and, other than missing the writing, I doubt there were any other ramifications. I do enjoy writing but I feel the blog lacks purpose. I need to focus on one topic that I am interested in, other than daily life and my observations, and make it more marketable. I think it would be really cool to be paid to write as a profession. I also feel it would be better to feel like I am a special purpose. I have this sense of fulfillment in that I hope I cheer people up occasionally or make people think and it has been said that he who changes one person changes the universe. I am not sure that's exactly how it goes but you get the gist. If I influence one person to be kinder or forget their sorrow or make them laugh just one time that could start a huge ripple-effect and eventually everything in the world would be better. Maybe that could be the new blog focus; future-changing?

We got Dirty Laundry Podcast uploaded, finally, yesterday. First, there was a problem with the site that hosts the podcast (Podomatic) and then, after they got their act together, I found that we had problems on our end too. The podcast is taking up so much Mega and Bit and Byte and Giga, Tera, Exa, Zetta, Peta space that we ran into that hurdle. I never knew that there were so many Greek prefixes for sizes. And they say that men are obsessed with size. It must be really tough to be a Greek man. I have pictures of the film 300 running through my mind now. My oh my how I can make myself think and become distracted. Now we are talking external hard drives and terms I do not even remember. It makes me think of all of the money I spent on baseball cards over the years. I still look at some of them from time-to-time and there are some great memories there and that is really all of what life is isn't it? Memories! That's why people have regrets on their death beds - memories. Without memories the pharmaceutical industry and the illegal pharmaceutical industry wouldn't need to exist. Drugs are 90% about forgetting if even, just for a short while I think. Maybe that's one of my problems - I have never really done drugs. I must admit I have always relished the prescriptions I have received when I have had injuries. The last time I had kidney stones, earlier this year, I got a prescription Hydrocodone (I think it is a derivative of codeine) and I didn't take any of them. I would rather suffer through the agony and the pain in case there comes a time in the future that I will need them more. I think I may be a pharmaceutical hoarder. Why do I have to have a prune chaser with this drug? Can I just have plums instead?

Tonight is my Friday. And then tomorrow night we record the podcast again. Monday is my favorite day; I know I am in the extreme minority in that sentiment. We have been doing podcast non-stop since last week's show so this came quickly.

I am doing laundry now and have to clean the kitchen. I usually do laundry once a week and most of the times that is Tuesday or Wednesday because those are my Sa and Su. I must have been doing too many sweaty things this past week because I had to change underwear so many times that I don't have any clean pairs to get me through tonight? Why is underwear "a pair" when there is only one? Anyway, maybe I will have to buy some more underwear or pairs of underwear or underwears or however they are referred to.

I have to get the dishes done because that is the only thing I can think of since I wrote it. Maybe I need to use the blog as a source for power of suggestion. Subliminal Blogging? Daily Blogfirmation? It would probably only work on weak-minded readers which is why it would work on me. Keep up the healthy eating -  you are doing great. That last sentence was to see if it works on me. I have started to get my focus on eating corrected again and it's working very well for the past week or so and I am dropping the LBS. Maybe we should do a segment on subliminal thought on the podcast this week? Maybe like a hypnosis segment? Let me know tonight or tomorrow morning what you want/need to work on and I will try it on this week's Dirty Laundry Podcast. Maybe I have found my new calling?

Okay, that's enough - see how your subliminal thought just brought that on? Thanks for stopping in. I hope you have a great rest of your day and your night. TTTT...MITM (Yrettol eht niw) Keep repeating that parenthetical phrase and remember me when it works! You're We're welcome! TA!

1 comment:

  1. https://www.elance.com/j/article-writer-wanted-articles-pasta-coffee-machine-niche-content-writing-article-writing-blogs/42618028/?utm_medium=partner&utm_source=indeed&utm_campaign=paid

    ReplyDelete