Tuesday, October 2, 2018

I Might Just Blog the Good Life Yet

I am blogging much earlier that I usually would be blogging on a Tuesday (it is 11:31 right now). I woke-up this morning at the usual 04:57 and tried to stand up. I was in instant pain so sat back down on the bed. My left knee was swollen to the size somewhere between a softball and a mushpounder. Remember mushpounders; the really big balls that were larger and more mushy, I guess, that a softball. They were used sometimes in gym class so we could play baseball without wearing mitts. I called work and said what the problem was and that I would not be in today. My Achilles ached more than usual this morning too. Maybe the changes in seasons are going to be the literal death of me. I guess being on my feet for twelve hours worked okay for the three days last week but I must have been walking more for the 24 hours on Sunday and Monday. It was odd because when I fist stepped on the floor this morning I felt like someone slipped me a mickey. The only other living being in the house was Jeff and he does not know how to even open a can of dog food so I ruled him out as a suspect immediately. I wonder if I should have started back with less that the full shifts to get back into the swing of things? Most people were surprised that I was brought back at 100% immediately.
Surprised to learn that they use rotary phones

Sorry, I had to take a moment to answer the phone from some robot trying to get me to borrow money. Another of many numbers that I have blocked on my cell phone. I realize that it is tougher for companies to get people to answer unrecognized numbers with called ID so they cold-call people to get them to buy things that they don't need. With the internet I can find anything I want or need to buy and get all of the information about the companies and products in seconds. I am sure that I am like you in that if I do not recognize a number I will not answer the call. If they leave me a message and I want to call them back I will call them back. Most times, however, it is a number to add to the do not answer list on the phone.

You are not going to believe this - I just now got another robo call from an 888 area code.  A recording that they owe me money "because the company has been forced to close down..." There was even dramatic music playing - it was like a radio bit and they expect me to call them back and then I bet they will want my banking information. It would have been funnier if they played Mr. Roboto in the background. I may have at least listened to the entire message before I blocked it. Sadly, I imagine that the people who fall for this kind of thing are the people who can less afford it the most. I get a lot of messages like this while I am working but my phone is off at work, except during breaks, and I hear them later and delete them at home.

I may try going to supermarket (Schnuck's) this afternoon. It very close to home and I will use a shopping cart as walkers. I will even park next to one of those cart corrals so I will not have to take the cart back up to the store. I am one of those people who actually does take the cart back to the store when I am finished with the cart.

I am wearing my Bob Uecker (Mr. Baseball) T-short today. It has a plaid Brewers' logo next to his name on the back with a number 9. In case you are unaware of who he is: he is the announcer for the Brewers and was dubbed "The King of Baseball" by Johnny Carson. You may remember him from Mr. Belvedere if you old like me. He also had many bit parts in countless movies and television shows. He was in many Lite Beer commercials. He plays he announce in Major League says the great line, "juuuust a bit outside." He has been the Brewers' announcer since 1971, I don't have a dog on the World Series race anymore so I am torn. I want the Brewers to win but I have many friends that are Cubs' so I wish them victory too.

Thanks for coming by. Have a great day and avoid robo calls at all cost. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment