Thursday, October 11, 2018

Love #42

I wonder how much he would be worth today?
I apologize that I have not written in almost a week. Life often gets in the way of our hobbies (as I guess this is a hobby). Work takes a bit over half a day (12 and a half hours if you consider the drive each way) for three days of my week. The week before this (which is "sort of" last week though my week is over this week already) was a rough one. I had to call off the week before last because of the mushpounder incident that I wrote about on October 2nd. I have a doctor's appointment about that knee because it still causes me somewhere between discomfort and agony most every day. One of my Operations' Managers suggested that I see about getting intermittent FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act) to cover days if I should have an issue when I cannot come in again. The FMLA, if I call-off, would allow the hours to not be accountable against me. I could then, if I wished, back-fill the hours missed with my accrued vacation hours. I would rather be well but I prefer even more having my knee be pain-free. I woke up this morning with a slightly swollen, aching knee cap but I think I may be getting used to the pain. I hope it is just like arthritis or something because I do not need bionic kneecaps.

Sure am happy that we got the furnace/air conditioner fixed since the weather has been having drastic mood swings over the past few weeks. Air conditioner on one day and furnace on the next.

Last night I watched The Tuskegee Airmen and right now I am watching Glory. I have seen them both many, many times but I like them both greatly. If I believed in reincarnation I would believe that I was an African American in a previous life. The fortitude and struggles of these people were paramount. My knee discomfort and pain mean nothing compared to what they had to endure.

I may have to watch the movie 42 next. If I cannot find it on one of our many ROKU channels I do have the DVD and I can watch it that way. My opinion is that Harrison Ford overacted a bit in 42 but I can deal with that.. I have many baseball caps and my favorite one is my Brooklyn Dodgers' cap. I am also very fond of my Montreal Expos' cap. I guess I like defunct teams' caps.

Still working on getting the podcast going again. There have been a few setbacks but I got more excited after listening to a few of our old show that were/are stored on my cellphone. I am going to try to get them on-line and I will let you know if/when/how I can do that; Cha Cha is the technical guru so I will have to get it figured out.

I think you probably have had enough from me for today. I'll try to blog again tomorrow but I am going to stop being too hopeful because something always seems to come up. Ha, I just looked and 42 is on Netflix. The trifecta will be completed and, maybe, I will have to try for the quinella after that is done? TTTT (probably)... MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment