Thursday, October 4, 2018

Stamps! Who Needs 'Em?

Sorry that I did not blog yesterday; it was a rough day. My left knee was bothering me quite a bit and I, for the most part, stayed slightly medicated with my knee propped up. When I went to bet last I used a heating pad on the knee and it felt pretty good for most of this morning. It is 12:06 now and I just have a slight ache on the inside of the kneecap. I worry that it is going to lead to surgery eventually. The Achilles seems to be doing well though. Dr. York, who I highly recommend if you need any orthopedic assistance, said that I could apply IcyHot to the keel of my right foot but I have only been doing in once a day except for the days I am working: on those days I apply it three times a day. I just mailed the payment for the entire time I was with him and the physical therapist (Clayton) and it was only $237.81. Before insurance it was $1,284.81 so I am quite satisfied with the insurance covering the lion's share. Insurance is nice to have when you need it though the premiums suck when you do not. I forgot the cost of a stamp and I am mot even sure how much postage is these days as the don't put the price on them as they used to do. Another government scam to keep us docile(ish). They think they are fooling us by putting the word "FOREVER" on the stamp and they can sneak rate increases in whenever they wish and we will be none the wiser. I still have to deal with the crappy scammer, podiatrist Dr. Neil Levin - he will not be getting his entire bill paid by me. If a lawyer is needed then let the games begin!

When I went out to put the check in the mailbox I found a dead bird on the ground. I picked him/her up and took him/her to the backyard and now the rabbit that I buried there months ago has someone to talk to. I don't believe in an afterlife but maybe it's different for them and I don't want to hurt an animal's chances of having a friend in their happy hunting-ground if there happens to be one. For me, I will deal with whatever comes either by myself or with others - what do I care? I'll be dead. Dead animals always make me kind sad for some reason. Must me the Native American blood running through my happy hunting veins. Now I feel like watching Dances with Wolves for the bazillionth time.

Jill is going to be back from her week-long work think in Chicago. I will be happy to have her back home; I miss her when she is gone; she completes me. I also have the furnace/air conditioner guy - All-Star Heating and Plumbing coming out the afternoon. It was odd because when I called him he said that he was doing a service call at my next door neighbor Dan's house and would come over here right after he is done there. Two houses right next to on another? Should I suspect foul play? It is neither hot nor cold today but winter is coming and we may have warm days before winter too, huh? I will review their service when they are done here; we used them one time before and we were satisfied.

We also have to have the driveway resurfaced before winter. My good friend from across the street, Lisa, suggested Arrow Asphalt Sealing & Striping. I wonder how much extra it would be for striping a short driveway? I think that would be cool-looking but I used to wear bell-bottoms in the 70's so what do I know? Should I make it a no passing zone? Seems safer that way. I just liked their Facebook page.

I just found out that today is National Taco Day today. I did have some cheese and salsa and guacamole on a couple of corn tortillas this morning so I guess my stomach knew and told my brain. Since they were not technically tacos I will have to makeup for that blunder later in the day.You want a taco now don't you?!

It is 14:21 now and many people are watching the clock as the time winds down to the ride home.

I just showered and am starting another load of laundry. You're welcome City of DeKalb for the extra shekels on the water bill. Remind me that we need laundry detergent and bleach. Jill is not home yet as I had hoped that she would be.

All of the Trump garbage is on television right now and I notice that there are ZERO people of color behind him in the audience. To me that is huge. People need to vote even if they have never voted before. I will be dead soon and I want the future of this country and world to be better for my descendants as I imagine my ancestors wanted for me. 45 has become my least favorite number and, because of him, I want people to become more involved even if that merely means for them to first for the first time in their lives. I have a clear conscience for not voting for 45 and I cannot accept any of the blame. He is now mocking Christine Blasey Ford for being assaulted to a crowd of honkies just days after he said she was so brave to come forward... Why do we (HE) want the country to be divided? I am sick of all of it!!!! I am confident that the FBI are not swayed by politics and they have been conducting a fair investigation. I wait to hear 45 bad-mouthing the Federal Bureau of Investigation. I wonder if the television show The F.B.I. is on ROKU somewhere - if it is you know I will find it! You know I cannot wait as I owe you the answer so you don't have that bug in your brain...
Ephram looked a lot like Mannix didn't he?

Okay, there is: The F.B.I. Files on Favesome TV (which channel I may add), of course there is The X-Files (but they just investigate craziness which might fit now) and there is a show entitled FBI that is in it's first season on Fandango Now and on VUDU. I want the show that ran from 1965-1974 starring Ephram Zimbilist Junior (I remember watching that show every week as a wee lad). I probably didn't start watching it until about 1969 or 1970. He had three networks and maybe not even a PBS station yet?  We grew up with gritty television cop shows and sit-coms. AND WE LIKED IT!

I am going to end now and take the garbage cans (plastic roller doohickeys) to the curb so I do not forget. I noticed that many of the neighborhood keep their doohickeys outside while we keep ours in the garage until the night before pick-up. I am worried that they will blow away or tip over...

Now it's time to say goodbye to Matt and all his fun. He would like to thank you folks for kindly dropping in. You're all invited back next blog to this locality to have a heapin' helpin' of his jocularity.
Middle that is, set a spell, take your glasses off, y'all come back now, here?

No comments:

Post a Comment