Friday, October 5, 2018

"Nowhere special, I always wanted to go there"

$10 part and $85 labor
The air conditioning was fixed yesterday and all is well. I have it set at 72 degrees but the thermostat reads 56 degrees right now at 08:34. It is so chilly that the air conditioning won't even come on. It will work well because the furnace will need to work very soon. Thankfully, it was a quick and fairly inexpensive fix.

To celebrate National Taco Day yesternight I went to the store and got all of the fixin's for tacos and guacamole and I made them here. The great thing about that is that we have leftovers for today (tacos, taco salads, nachos...) I may even have a taco omelette this morning.
Be sure to register and vote!
I mentioned the show The FBI (1965-1974) yesterday and I could not find it anywhere on any of the many, many channels that we have, though the new updated version is beginning. There were several partial episodes of the old show on You Tube so I watched those and that quelled my itch. Right now I am watching Blazing Saddles for the 324th time; I wonder if a studio would/could even make this film today. I could watch Mel Brooks' movies forever. I think Richard Pryor was one of the team of writers for this film? I like when the directors of films appear in their own films (either starring or cameos). Mel Brooks makes me think of this as I am watching one of his films and I have seen him in it, so far, about ten times as different characters. Other directors I can think who have done this are: Alfred Hitchcock, Kevin Smith, Clint Eastwood, Roman Polanski, Orson Wells, Spike Lee, Peter Jackson, Christopher Guest, M. Knight Shyamalan, Woody Allen... I am sure there are many more that I am missing. Why not get directing money and acting money at the same time? You're there anyway so take on a part-time job in addition to the full-time gig of directing.

I do not have much more on my mind today other than I already feel like taking a nap though it is only 10:12. I think the political nonsense is wearing me out. I started writing more about that but I backspaced it out as that is one of the topics that we aren't supposed to talk about. But, how do things get remedied and changed if they are not spoken about?

Gene Wilder (The Waco Kid) just said, "Nowhere special, I always wanted to go there." I am with him on that one. Given that, I imagine that you know the movie has just ended as will today's blog. I thank you for showing up and taking part in the blog. I hope you have a fantastic day and I will check back tomorrow on whether or not that you did. I suppose we will find something out about the Supreme Court Justice debacle tomorrow and I am not extremely hopeful with all of the hate and party bias and misogynistic behavior that usually happen in the old white men's club. I do try to keep the faith that these husband and fathers and mothers and sisters and brothers can put their minds in Dr. Blasey-Ford's shoes. TTTT...MITM, out, TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment