Tuesday, July 12, 2016

The Matt In The High Castle

Weighed in this morning and lost 1,4 pounds this past week. I am happy with any loss and even no change though even -0.1 is nice. "How about something, you know, for the effort!"

While I rode the bike downstairs for an hour this morning I watched an original series (episode one, season one) on Amazon Prime Movies called "The Man in the High Castle." It worked-out well that the show was only an hour long because I was happy doing 15 miles (one hour) instead of the sometimes 20 miles. The premier episode was really good. I love shows with a strong female lead character and, so far, this show has that. It is a show about what the world (mainly The United States so far) is like now that the Axis Powers won World War II. They have not discussed Italy too much yet but The United States is controlled by Japan to the west (California, Alaska, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington, parts of Nevada and Arizona) called the "Japanese Pacific States" and Germany controls most of the rest of the country all the way to Maine and Florida. That area is called the "Greater Nazi Reich." The show takes place in the early 1960's so Adolph Hitler is still alive and in charge of the world. There is an area between the "Japanese Pacific States" and the "Greater Nazi Reich" called "The Neutral Zone" but I do not know much about that area after only one hour.I am sure it will because a big part of the show soon. Maybe that is where the people are gassed for something (only conjecture on my part)?

Right now I am making my ground turkey mini meat loafs. They are so easy to make. I just combing ground turkey and giardiniera and I put them in various-sized muffing pans and bake at 350 until I fell they are done. No need to grease the pans because the olive oil in the giardiniera takes care of that. They are great on salads or by themselves or on tortilla shells... I have not made them for awhile but they just sounded good.

I forgot... Cha Cha and I watched a new show on HBO called "The Night Of." I believe it is an eight-episode series/show that started Sunday and the second one is this coming Sunday. It seemed to be a bit long but it was pretty good I think. It is a murder mystery but they are kind of showing way too many things to try to confuse the viewers maybe? They are showing lots and lots of clues as to whether or not the suspect is guilty and are trying too hard to confuse and baffle the viewers with many possible false clues. John Turturro was introduced toward the end of the first episode and I do love him as an actor so I still have great hopes that it will all come together. He has been n many of my favorite movies including: Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?, The Big Lebowski, Barton Fink, and Rounders...I would say I like the series but I will better decide this coming Sunday. I think I have things figured-out but I would not bet on it considering all of the leads and probably false leads they are showing. It's worth a look if you have HBO - I am sure the first episode will show many times before Sunday night.

I will be right back - the mini turkey meatloaf timer is beeping. The time is regular-sized in case you are keeping score.

Tonight is the Major League Baseball All-Star Game. Baseball is my favorite sport but I will not watch this game. I think all-star games are stupid though I thought they were great when I was a youngster. Maybe they are more for the youngsters. I am happy they are there for people who like them but why take a chance having players getting injured for something that means nothing for the most part? I may just be a stick in the mud I guess. I do have Bull Durham on in the background while I write this though.

I am done for today. I think I will blog again Thursday as my dance-card opened for that day. I think I may donate plasma that day too so I am not sure what time I will blog. Thank you for stopping by, I hope you have a great rest of your day and night. TTTThursday...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment