Monday, July 11, 2016

I'm a Good Deed Doer!

I started donating plasma again today. I haven't done it since like 2012 or something but thought I would start being a good deed doer again. I stopped back then because my protein levels were getting low and I thought saving other peoples' lives could fall on others for awhile. I believe I have saved some lives since then but just not through my plasma. I was very excited to learn that my pulse and heartbeat were almost too low to donate. The nurse told me that I have what they call "an athlete's pulse rate." A pulse between 40 and 50, according to her, is considered an athlete's pulse. Mine was 50 but she fudged it to 51 so I could donate today. She said that if it falls below 50 she will have to have a doctor there sign-off on it so I can go as low as 40. I guess the weight-loss and walking and biking an average of about 17 miles per day are working. Maybe the meditation is working too.

Speaking of that, Cha Cha and I are going to start going to the Buddhist Temple in Woodstock on Monday evenings for meditation. We had been going on Saturday mornings but my new schedule fouled that all up. Then we started going to one in St. Charles (put on by the same temple we go to) but they were doing it in a yoga studio and it was rinky-dink and Cha Cha was having a hard time hearing the monk. I am happy and exited that we get to go tonight and every week thereafter as we choose. Mondays seem to be a good night for us to do this but I really like to eat in the town square up there but weigh-in day is Tuesday. I will manage because I want to keep my Jesse Owens pulse in check. I washed the FIAT and everything for this occasion.
How's that for a goose-step Adolph?!
I just spoke to my dad and he says my mom seems to be doing a little better but she probably won't come home for awhile still. Overall, everything sounds like it is going in the proper direction and everyone is optimistic that she may get out in a week or so. I hope that, should that happen, she doesn't slip back to where she is and/or was a week ago. We'll just take it as it comes like we all do every day of our lives. If we're not flexible and adaptable we might as well hang-it-up and let gravity go.

Four members of this household are playing that stupid new Pokemon APP game where they find invisible Pokemon characters living among us and they capture them and get points. I know I sound like a old fogie but I see people walking around town in packs staring at their phones like they are metal detectors. Somebody is going to get hurt watching their map and not paying attention to where they are going. Also, it won't be long until the makers of the APP will monetize it via advertising or charging businesses to have Pokemon characters placed at their establishments to get business headed their ways. I don't mean to be a buzz-kill but I know how materialistic and greedy people and companies are in this country. I would like to believe that someone is just trying to get people more active and up and moving but my radar is. most likely, spot-on on this. CA-CHING!

Well, we have our hotel reservations at the MGM Grand and our tickets to see John Fogerty in concert in Las Vegas. I have been to Vegas a bunch of times on business (monkey and funny and real work) but Jill has never been there. I think she will have a great time. I know she will have fun at the concert. She almost peed her pants when we saw Creedence Clearwater Revisited in Aurora awhile back and there was no Fogherty there, of course. I cannot believe is still so nice given all that he has been through being screwed-over by his former band mates and his record company. I am sure he is doing fine but I would have lost faith in a lot of things had all that happened to me. I guess we have all faced lots of adversity and betrayal but not on such a large and public level.

Okay, I am going to maybe take a little nap here before we head north tonight. Thank you for stopping by. I hope I distracted you from something you needed distracting from. I am pretty sure I will blog tomorrow and then I may have a bonus blog on Thursday because I have an opening in my dance card that day. TTTT...MITM (TA)!

Be well
Be happy
Be peaceful

No comments:

Post a Comment