Tuesday, July 5, 2016

It's Movie Time

Just because yesterday was Independence Day does not mean I take a vacation from watching The Andy Griffith Show. The 16:00 show was the episode "Andy Discovers America" where he makes the mistake of convincing Opie and his pals that history is interesting and they start the Mayberry Minutemen. That also laid the foundation for Andy's relationship with Helen Crump. He had several better girlfriends than her and I also thought she was pretty crabby. Ellie Walker was the best one in my opinion. I think he may have had five or six that were better than Crump.

I went over and paid the water bill today and I had to ask the lady what the date was for the check. Yesterday was the 4th of July so I did the math and figured it out myself rather quickly. And, yes it is 2016 and I still use checks for some things. Mainly, things like utilities. I guess I am nostalgic that way.

I weighed-in earlier today and I lost a bit over three pounds and I am down exactly 63 pounds since December 29th. I looked and a newborn hippopotamus Calf) can weigh between 60 and 100 pounds when it is born. I have lost a baby hippopotamus - there goes my chances for a job at Brookfield Zoo. Hey, that is the second time I used Brookfield Zoo as a reference. Earlier today I told Cha Cha that "I think I eat more bananas every day than they use at Brookfield Zoo.
No healthy snacks available leads to desperate measures

Tonight Cha Cha and I are taking her sister to see Finding Dory. I remember seeing Finding Nemo
in 2003 when Fabio was six-years-old and Splenda was 11-years-old. I hope I am not really lost with this new movie. I don't really care about seeing this film but I love sneaking healthy snacks into the theater: carrot sticks, apples, bananas, grapes, a salad bar..., bottles of water (I may actually buy a bottle of water there to throw the 16-year-olds that work there off of my scent). Incidentally, I do smell like I sound!

I am looking for investors to join me in buying Cabin Creek, Colorado. It is a ghost town and it is for sale. It is only $350,000 for the five acre town. That seems kind of steep at first but that includes: a gas station with a garage, an eight-room motel, a restaurant, an RV park, two houses, a private shooting range... Supposedly the town used to be very popular but after a murder there in the 1970's it turned into a ghost town. It is not far from Denver and Aurora Colorado so even as an investment it might be a good buy. It is about 58 miles east of Denver. Even if we just got somebody to shoot a movie there people would come in droves. Maybe we could say Finding Dory was shot there "on location." We could say "John Wayne Slept Here" or Kevin Costner stayed here when shooting Dances With Wolves of something. Okay, that movie was filmed in: Wyoming, Kansas and South Dakota. Okay, Identity Thief (Melissa McCarthy, Jason Bateman), The Lone Ranger (Johnny Depp), The Hateful Eight (Samuel Jackson, Quentin Tarantino, Kurt Russell... all stayed at out hotel), Furious 7, The Sons of Katie Elder (John Wayne), Bowling For Columbine (Michael Moore), Independence Day (Will Smith...), Wyatt Earp (Costner), In The Line of Fire (Eastwood), Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (Harry Ford), Continental Divide (John Belushi), Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (Redford and Newman)... I have gone on too long with that list already but this city is a money-maker. Have your people call my people and do not cut me out of that deal or I will go Poltergeist on your town! I bet we could get The Sundance Kid to do his Sundance Film Festival there if we can get a really good theater or ten built in town.
I bet they'd take $200,000

I had better wrap-up so I can get ready and get to the store before we go to the theater. I was gonna try to take a nap but I screwed that up with blogging-on at the keys again. I hope you have a great night. I will probably not blog again until Saturday night or Sunday. Thank you, as always, for stopping by for my nonsense. My nonsense is the only thing that lets me go from day-to-day. TTTS or S...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment