Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Phoenix Rising

I don't know why but I have decided to blog again after awhile (again). Everything is well, for the most part. I will try to blog more regularly again but I have blogged that before. I am working at the same place where I have worked for, what will be, three years in April.  I am fairly sick of the job and know I have more to offer society. I have considered going back to the police department and have spoken with them and they are open to me returning if I wish. I have also been scouting newspapers and magazines to write for again. I loved writing and being the News Editor in college and I miss writing dearly. I have written for many magazines and newspapers and, as they say, I have ink in my blood though I have no tattoos.

I have also been actively looking at getting the Dirty Laundry Podcast going again. When we did the show before there was not as near as many podcasts, These days podcasts get advertisers to put together spots or have the hosts talk about their advertisers' wares/services... Doing the shows was truly/is one of the great joys of my life. My family and friends are more important, of course. I am in a place that I am ready to do the show again. Maybe we could even write-off part of our house on our taxes as a place of business since we have the studio right here in our home.

I am not sure if we would talk politics or not; it seems that it would be tough not to talk about politics since that seems to be what is on everybody's' minds these days. We both lean one way and know that there are many people that lean the other way. Podcasts don't go well if the hosts are hater (usually).

What else? Oh, I have been working on a novel that will or will not ever happen. Novels are a lot of work as it turns out.

There is a new episode of Crashing (HBO) on now. I like the show quite a bit; it reminds me of when I was Assistant Manager at Zanies Comedy Club. With all of the jobs I am writing about I feel like Forest Gump. That was probably one of my favorite jobs ever. I met so many funny people. I met: Tommy Chong, Emo Phillips, Gilbert Gottfried... I cannot remember them all but I will have to drag-out all of my old autographed photos and and get back to you. I think some are hanging in Kajunkes Studio (where we record the podcast). If I remember I will get back to you on that one.
I never met Pete Holmes (after my comedy time?)

Since Christmas I have lost almost 20 pounds. I am just watching what I eat and, basically, doing what I did when I belonged to Weight Watchers quite awhile ago. Rejoining the YMCA  has helped a lot too; I got one or two days a week.Tomorrow,Thursday, is my weigh-in day. I just weigh myself one day a week so I don't get discouraged if I don't lose a pound or two every single day.

I am probably going to end now so I have something to write, maybe, tomorrow. I only work three days a week these days (Sundays, Mondays and Tuesdays). They are twelve hour days so it is tough for an old matt at times but the four-day weekends are wonderful. Thanks a lot for stopping here for a few minutes of your time. I will try to blog again tomorrow but I have blog commitment issues sometimes. TTTT (Ta Ta 'Til Tomorrow). MITM (out)!

No comments:

Post a Comment