Thursday, February 14, 2019

HAPPY V. D.!!!!

Happy V. D. (Valentine's Day)! I am not a religious person by any stretch of the imagination but I know that religion is important to most people around the world. I would guess that, if you were to speak with everyone in the world I would be in the minority. If you search the world over throughout history can you imagine how many different gods there have been? I bet there have been hundreds of thousands of gods. Native Americans, Greeks, Romans... probably have had thousands on gods each alone. I am happy for people who have faith and take comfort in knowing that someone or some force helps them make it through the day. I guess today being St.Valentine's Day it also seems odd to me that people like Al Capone, who was behind hundreds of brutal murders, could go pray to a priest and be absolved for any wrong-doing. Have your goons go out and slaughter people in the St. Valentine's Day Massacre and you still go to Heaven or the Happy Hunting Ground? I guess I can see absolution if you are defending yourself or your land or your loved ones or your freedom... Bottom line is I am a live and let live kind of guy and you can do or think whatever you believe as long as you're not hurting others or yourself. It is said that Hitler was religious though was one of the worst human beings ever to walk this planet. Godfrey of Bouillon killed countless people to avenge Jesus' crucifixion - ironic. Herod the Great waned to kill Jesus but somebody beat him to it though he was able to commit the Massacre of the Innocents. King John of England was so bad that the Robin Hood character was inspired by his horrible deeds. He also caused the creation of the Magna Carta. Nero systematically murdered all of the members of his own family in various horrifying ways. And, as you know, he "fiddled as Rome burned." Caligula thought that every law became the instrument of torture. He killed just for the pleasure of killing and torturing. Attila the Hun killed up to hundreds of thousands of people. Of course, there is Genghis Khan who killed 700,000 people in one massacre and ruined another hundred of thousands of peoples' lives. He also said that "the greatest happiness is to scatter your enemy to drive him before you, to see tears, to see cities reduced to ashes, to see those who love him shrouded in tears and to gather into the bosom his wives and daughters."
photo before the Asian mustard was applied

I will be right back as my garlic chicken spring rolls (with the spicy Asian mustard) are ready and it is already 13:20. I have only had a banana to eat so far today so I have to eat before by body slows down burning fat and calories - BRB.

Okay, in looking back, I guess I went on quite a tangent there. I hope nobody is offended as that was not my intention. Faith in something, or someone, or some ideal is what we all need and want. Faith of some kind is what gets us all through our the long days.

I guess I have written enough for today. I got going and just didn't know when to stop until now. Thanks a lot for letting me vent and maybe get your blood boiling. Enjoy the rest of your day doing whatever makes you happy and know I Love You! Now I sound like Fred Rogers. TTTT?  MITM (out)

No comments:

Post a Comment