Monday, March 5, 2018

Scottish and Irish and Celts, Oh My!

I cannot believe it has been an entire week since I last blogged. The time flew by because I worked six of those seven days since I last blogged - four ten-hour shifts and two twelve-hour shifts. So, today and tomorrow being my only days off I have to get as much done as I can today and tomorrow. So, I: changed the oil in the JEEP, topped the fluids off in the FIAT, got a hair cut, went and bought some sushi for today's lunch and came home and ate the sushi. I am not sure if I really love sushi or I love wasabi or soy sauce. I think it may, perhaps, be all of the above.

Tonight is the Bulls' game with Fabio. The weather has been very nice the last few days but, now that I am driving to Chicago and back tonight, the weather is supposed to become wintery again.Maybe I should have waited to change the oil in the JEEP until after I found if it and I will survive the night. The weather people are not always exactly correct so I am hoping they are wrong but que sera, sera.

Last Monday, after I blogged, I went over to my work and put-in for a shift change. I figured that I would get that approval in about six months or so. But, when I went back into work on Wednesday, I was informed that I will begin the new shift on this coming Sunday. So, beginning Sunday, I will work three twelve-hour days per week instead of four tens. It also means a decent pay raise. So, this week I work: Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and get Saturday off and begin the new shift on Sunday. If they call for more mandatory overtime days I will still get three days off per week. I guess I have to start one hour earlier on Sunday because of that damn daylight savings deal. I thought daylight savings time was so farmers could have more daylight for their harvests. Don't they all have lights and GPS's and self driving (cultivating) tractors? So, when I get off of work at 6PM it will be pretty dark by then.

I already had my vacation days approved for Jill and my 30th anniversary in April and I will have to figure that out with human resources. I will probably go in there tomorrow for that.That is, if I live through the Bulls' game and the inclement weather.

Tomorrow is the anniversary of my mom's birth. I spoke to my dad last night and he has been up to her grave since we buried her. It sounds like he is doing well and he and I will have lunch together in the next few weeks. I am planning on going up to Loves Park on or around St. Patrick's Day with some green flowers. With a maiden name like McGuire she was a very proud Irishwoman. On top of the McGuire blood she also had green O'Reilly (it may just be Reilly?) blood flowing through her veins. I suppose that means that I do as well. The O' in Irish surnames means - the grandson of and the Mc in Irish surnames means "the son of." So couldn't someone be a McO'Reilly or an O'McReilly then? Really?

The real William Wallace
How can parking be $40 at The United Center - that is crazy.

I am watching Braveheart while I write this. I have seen it about 25 times I suppose. Right as I was writing about the Irish blood of my family the Irishmen showed up to help the Scottish (William Wallace, et al) fight King Edward the Longshanks and his English thugs. I just realized how odd it is that the Bulls are playing the Celtics (Celts) tonight as I write about the Mc's and the O's.

The wind is really starting to kick-up outside. I may take a short nap before I pick-up Fabio at 4:30ish. I do have to fold and put always my clothes though. I have a pretty good list of thing to get done today and tomorrow but none of them are very urgent and I did several already today.

Enough nonsense for now. Thanks for stopping by - I may blog again tomorrow if I survive the night. TTTT...MITM (out)!

No comments:

Post a Comment