Friday, June 8, 2018

Wilkommen!

PETCO YES PETSMART NO
It is almost 15:00 and I thought I had better blog before I get stuck in the MIDDLE of something else. Most of the morning was spent shopping for groceries and finding dog food recommended my Jeff's veterinarian. There are so many unhealthy additives in many pet foods; same as in human foods I suppose but animals will eat just about anything. So. I went to PetSmart and they had nothing that was on the list of safe foods for dogs. I don't know PetSmart why I even tried there because they (the employees at this particular location in my town) don't really seem to care. So, I went to Petco and had an entirely different experience there. Firstly, I found a few of the things on the list immediately and then I was walking around with my list of healthy dog foods looking for treats... and a man who worked there (Joe) saw me and approached me. He gave me a lot of helpful tips about introducing new food to pets... He then went up to the front pf the store and brought me back a book of coupons that saved me five bucks for what I was going to buy either way. I thanked him and went to the front to pay. Of course, I mentioned my experience and Joe's help to the cashier who turned out to be the manager of the store. She asked that if I get a call from their company could I please pass that on to them. Obviously, I said "of course." If I do not hear from their corporate office I will contact them about my great experience and my interactions with Joe. One nice interaction with anyone in life can make all of the difference.

I will be back in a few minutes because I want to make the guacamole for dinner. I like it when it's fresh and chilled. I don't mind room-temperature guac either but chilled is my preference. I will be back in seven or eight minutes which will seem like a nanosecond to you. It's is chillin' now. I love using my avocado masher and I don't get to use it enough. An avocado masher is like a miniature potato masher. We are having chicken tamales for dinner and no Mexican main-dish can go without cilantro and guacamole as far as I am concerned. I wonder if I should do some rice too?

I am, once again, seriously thinking about leaving Facebook. There are so many reasons to stay and there are so many reasons to leave. I will have to weigh the reasons for both and make that decision. How would my life be better and how would my life be worse? I would even consider becoming Amish but I am not religious at all and I think that is probably one of their big things. When I was young we would visit the Amana Colonies in Iowa often and it seemed pretty cool as a child. I do speak German and I bet I would get a nice tan. Maybe my listening to the 2Cellos Pandora station all the time lately has something to do with it too. Splenda used to play cello when she was in MIDDLE school. Cha Cha loves that she (Cha Cha herself, not Splenda) is not on Facebook. I would still be on Twitter and I would blog. Maybe then Cha Cha and I would start the podcast again though there would be fewer ways to promote it with neither of us on Facebook. People would just have to click on the free subscription thingy.

I have to finish this bottle of Moscato so I can open my Riesling. I have become kind of a wino, minus the paper bag, on my "weekends." Honestly, I just have a glass or two. Last night, however, was margarita night. I still have one day off of work before having to return on Sunday but I don't drink any alcohol on the nights before work.

It is only five more days until Fabio and I go to the St.Louis Cardinals' game and I have still not received tickets in the mail. I have been corresponding with Brian who has been investigating since May 24th when I first was on hold for over an hour with the ticket office playing the recording of "we'll be with you..." If I don't get them on Monday I will send him another message and see if I should get them at "will call." These were not inexpensive tickets. Maybe we will get to sit in the dugout. Fabio could be the bat boy.

I am going to end now because I am tired and to start on the tamales. Thank you for stopping. I will probably blog tomorrow. I still have to mow the back yard so I hope it does not rain again tonight. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment