Wednesday, June 6, 2018

It;t Not Smarter - Just Different

I came home from work yesterday to find a tag on our front door notifying us that Commonwealth Edison (our electricity provider) had installed our new Smart Meter. If the meter is so damn smart why did I have to reset all of the clocks in the house (except for the battery powered ones)? Perhaps that is why it is not a genius meter even though the company is named after Thomas Edison who was, clearly, a genius. There are a lot of people who have problems with the change to these meters and there were people that thought the Wright brothers were out of their minds when they said people would be able to fly. I don't know from sheisse and Shinola about the difference between the two meters other than the previous one was mechanical dials and the new one is digital and I would be happy enough to go back to candle light but I do love my air conditioning in the warmer months and my furnace in the colder months.

As long as I am working on smart things I am happy to hear that we are, reportedly, are sending a couple of our smartest Americans to the meeting with North Korea's Kim Jong Un. I think Donald Trump and Dennis Rodman are the greatest brains that do not fully function that we could find. maybe Rosanne Barr should go too. Our country must be a joke to the rest of the world. Actually, most of the rest of the world are worried about the global warming that may be causing earthquakes and flooding and mudslides and volcanic eruption. Maybe the world itself is angry and that is what is causing this catastrophic suicide?
This has wacky sitcom written all over it!
Intelligent athletes, opposite Rodman because he is a former athlete, like the players of the Philadelphia Eagles, Cleveland Cavaliers and Golden State Warriors are acting as we American citizens that are given the rights to do these things by the efforts and strife of our founding fathers and mothers. I always stand and place my right hand on my heart when the song is played but I do not take issue with people who sit or who do not put their hands over their chests. We don't have to stand, we don't have to go visit a President who does not respect his people or their rights. It's even more fun to watch the President lie and say that these people were "dis-invited" to the White House by the Crybaby in Chief. Also, the United States Constitution gives us the rights to stand up for what we believe in and kneel to what we do not believe in and stay in the locker room while this song is played. I am not going to decide what is right for you and I will not judge you for exercising those rights that many have died for us to receive these rights. I look at what goes on in the world and I am grateful for what so many people have fought and died for so that we could be able to be individuals with different thoughts and beliefs. I relish that people are different than I am; I would hate if everyone was just like me because I am not that wonderful most of the time.

I am officially on my four-day weekend now but I HAVE TO go into work for four hours on Thursday. All of the trainers, as I am stupid enough to be a member, have to go in for something or other. I know it is in the training room and I suppose we are trying to make sure everyone is doing things the same on each shift... It is all the trainers from all of the shifts and maybe from all of the departments. Wow, I guess that is tomorrow.

I could mow the lawn today but I don't really feel like doing it. I could do it tomorrow morning before the meeting or I could do it Friday or even Saturday. So many major decisions in life. Maybe I will do the front today and do the back tomorrow morning. ALWAYS do the front first so your yard looks well from the street - it's all about curb-appeal. That reminds me, when I came home from work yesterday I saw a big sign at the front of the subdivision that a builder (D.R. Horton) is building more single-family homes in the subdivision. That's going to stink for the many people who are trying to sell their homes in the subdivision. Who wants to buy someone's used house when you can get a brand-new one? I don't need somebody else's hand-me-downs. A HUGE thunder clap sounding like a sonic boom just spread across the sky. I had better end and get the front yard mowed.

I just learned that Donald Jackass Trump is playing golf today for the 115th time since becoming President. The J does stand for Jackass, right? If not, I apologize. Or it may stand for Joker or Jerk or Jelly Belly or Jaundice or Juvenile... According to Politifact, Drumpf had played 56 rounds of golf (as of  May 18th) and, on the same date during President Obama's administration, President Obama had played only 37 rounds of golf. But Trump, tweeting about Obama's golf, made some cockamamie remarks how he would never play as much golf... Do you think Trump lies about things?

Okay, enough for me today -  I will probably get dressed and mow the lawn. See how long it takes for me to change my mind? Have a great day. I will probably write tomorrow morning before the training. I will get to it eventually. There is another clap of thunder. TTTT unless I get struck down my lightning (and another clap)...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment