Monday, February 12, 2018

UPS - Unreliable People Stink

Warning -NOT PROOFREADING TODAY

Jill and I were sitting around in our pajamas yesterday morning and we turned on Netflix. I clicked on a show neither of us had heard of called When We First Met. I stopped on it because Netflix was just turning itself off and on and I wanted to see if it had corrected itself. I assumed it was atmospheric. The show started out with two people meeting at a Halloween party and the main female character was wearing a Rockford Peaches uniform as her costume. She was wearing #8 who was Dottie Hinson (played by Gina Davis in the movie). Netflix was turning itself off and this is the first thing that I saw. It never blinked on-and-off again after that. Is that weird as Helser or what? They even went on a bit about the team and the movie A League of Their Own. It would have made an impression on me either way but, the day after my mom is buried? Double weird. I know it is probably merely coincidence and happenstance but I believe the cosmos may have been sending me a message. I don't know why I even picked that movie other than Netflix seemed to choose it for me. Perhaps the cosmos runs Netflix? We stopped watching it because the movie did not seem that good but I was, somehow, meant to be directed to that particular show. I guess it is like a Groundhog Day where they will meet each other throughout history. Maybe I will watch it after-all? I probably will because I like creepiness and if it is cosmos-related but maybe there is a higher creep-factor than I first thought.
Another year I couldn't get to Woodstock, IL  It's like history repeating itself
It is now Monday at 13:08. Thank you to Greg W. and Ma Meyer for the the cards sent to the house; they were greatly appreciated. I also appreciate every one (that is many, many of you) that sent your condolences in other ways - internet, calls, being at the services.... I appreciated every single one of them and every single one of you. "Remember, no man is a failure who has friends!"

I have today and tomorrow off from work (part of my ordinary weekend) and then back to the grind. It's going to be odd after being off for for seven days. So, I am doing the laundry now and I ran several errands around town yesterday and this morning. I think we all need some kind of distraction or we would just wallow in things that we ought not wallow in too long.

Wherever you read the words United Parcel Service or the acronym UPS please substitute the words/acronyms Federal Express or FedEx in their places. It will be a kind of word search game within a blog - that's how new things are invented. Some idiots who make mistakes and are too lazy to fix them like me. That's who they really (FedEx) were and I am too lazy and tired to swap those words and photos out.

Noah has a new television coming via UPS. It was supposed to be delivered here (because he lives in an apartment) Saturday and, when we got home from the funeral and such there was a note on the door about how they had missed us and they would deliver it on Tuesday (tomorrow) now. So, knowing that UPS only delivers in our town between Tuesday and Saturday each week, I took the dry cleaning to the dry cleaners, I went to the super market and I shipped our old router back to Xfininty. As I got home from the errands I saw a note on the front door. I immediately thought to myself, "self, this is Monday, right?" I went and got the note that read this was the second time they missed us. Does UPS stand of Unreliable Pieces of Ship? I called United Parcel Service and the person on the other side of the phone told me that it was odd because "they only deliver in your area between Tuesday and Saturday" to which I said. "that's why I am calling..." She assured me that it would be delivered tomorrow and I assured her that I will be here and I would have stayed here today had I known it was coming today. No big whoop but it should have just been easier if people would do what they say they would do. If I miss it again I will have to go to Rockford to pick it up there: that is the closest place. To muddle this even more - one of the places I stopped at while I was out was at the UPS Store on the other side of town to send back the old router. Curiouser and curiouser. My computer is advising me that "curiouser" is not an actual word but my computer is incorrect according to Lewis Carol and Merriam Webster.

I am going to end now and I will probably blog away some more of my life tomorrow. I cannot think of a better way to spend my time than to write to and think about you. Thank you, so very much, for everything that you do and everything that you are. I am pretty wiped-out and I may take a quick nap. I have been doing pretty well with fighting the flu with the flu shot and the HEP-B shot (that one is mainly because I am a first-responder at work). Maybe the double-up was like a booster? TTTT (probably) and thank you for all that you are. TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment