Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Blogging In Style!

Jumpin' Jehoshaphat, I just now saw that it has been eight days since I wrote last. Please forgive me but, I don't write on a regular basis so you weren't surprised. I am at the end of my three-day weekend (which turned-out to be a two-day weekend by me working a 12-hour overtime shift yesterday). The twelve hours were not by choice but the extra pay will come in handy when payday arrives.

I want to thank all of you for your kind words and sentiments and visits over the past couple of weeks. I hope that I thanked all of you but, if I missed you, please forgive me my transgressions.

The supermarket and the post office and the city (to pay the water bill) saw my ugly mug today. That was all after I did the bills (the important ones, at least)

I am watching Going In Style on Netflix while I write. I had vowed not to watch this one because I so liked the original one (1979) with: George Burns, Art Carney and Lee Strasburg. I loved that movie and have seen it many times. I do also like the stars of this new one (Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine and Alan Arkin and Ann-Margret) so I decided to watch this one too. So, far it is really good also. I didn't even know Ann-Margret was in this one but that is an added bonus. I further did not know her name was not Ann Margaret (the usual spelling). And now I know that her last name is Olsson and she was born in Sweden. I am pretty sure I know how this is going to end but maybe I will be surprised? I feel about as old as these six fellas right about now. I am going to see if I can find the original to watch again after I am done watching this one. Hey, there Christopher Lloyd too (I hope that does not become a spoiler). I am happily amused (I suppose that is redundant since all amusement contains happiness) by their hold-up masks. disguises; I laughed out loud. Hey, Keenan Thompson and Matt Dillon are in this too. Enough about the movie. But, I just looked and the old one is on Amazon and we have that APP on our Roku!

While I was out running my errands I stopped and got the stuff to make manacotti (manacott or managott as our Italian friends might say). With just Jill and me here now we will both have enough for a day or two for work lunches after dinner tonight. I made it a bit more al dente than I have in the past; I love cooking and experimenting with food. I still have to bake it but I am never sure when she will be home from work. It is only 15:37 now so I am supposing a few more hours for her arrival at best.

What else is new? Hmmm - I cleaned the inside of the refrigerator. I took out all of the shelves and drawers and washed  them and organized everything that I did not put in the refuse. In looking for that photo over there ----> I learned that there are many kinds of manacotti dishes that can be made. I never thought about chicken parmesan manacotti or chicken cheese manacotti. Next time I make it I may make my own original rendition. Shrimp? Salmon? Lobster? Maybe I will call it Mattacotti.

I sure am making myself hungry writing about food so much.

Son-of a gun the 1979 version of Going in Style is on Amazon Prime Video just as advertised. Damn it, I can rent it for $2.00 or buy it for $9.99 so I guess it was deceptively advertised then, hmmm? I suppose not since it did not say that it was free. It reads that the rental stipulations are "Rentals include 30 days to start watching this video and 48 hours to finish once you start." I bet I can buy it online for less than that but I don't really need to see it that badly. I could probably find it online somewhere for free or in one of those huge bins at one of the big-box stores for $2.00.

I am obsessive so, at the very least, I got to see the preview for free and here it is for you to see for free too, thanks to YouTube by clicking those big red letters that your eyes just passed. I guess it is just a tease though since we cannot see the entire film. After seeing the clip I may even pay their extortion money. Be warned  -  after the one slip is done it will immediately go to another clip and you may get stuck there for longer than you wanted unless you watch the one click and leave as I was not smart enough to do.

I am becoming distracted with trying to find good channels to add to our Roku so I will end now. Thank you for stopping here for, probably longer that your thought because I because long-winded long-fingered. I am not sure if I will write tomorrow after work but there is always that possibility. Have a great night and sleep well. TTT???...MITM (out)!

No comments:

Post a Comment