Thursday, November 1, 2012

The Studio is Haunted - I Swear it is Haunted!!!!

Is this the wrong JCP?
When did J. C. Penny's come JCP? Does it have to do with the dumbing down of our society? Is it quicker to text? I know there has to be a reason but I cannot help but wonder what the reason is. Maybe business has gone up for Kentucky Fried Chicken when they became KFC and Penny's wants to try that same philosophy? Maybe I should always call this MITM instead of Matt In The Middle. 

It's November first so what's next Thanksgiving? And then Christmas. The year is almost gone. We only have about 52 days until December 22nd. I am not sure whether to not buy Christmas gifts this year because we will be gone by the 25th of spend all of my money buying really great gifts and giving them early because I won't need the money when we find the Mayans were right and I will be dead. Do you think this is a plot by retailers like JCP? I usually wait to do my shopping so maybe I will just wait until the 23rd when the end of the world sales begin.

I am tired of my laptop being a spy for advertisers. I trust my laptop to keep things she and I discuss privately but she has sold me out. I get ads linked to Words With Friends and Facebook...that are specific to places I have visited recently (Carbondale to look for vehicles for instance). I get pop-up ads from auto dealers in Carbondale, Illinois. I also got ads from Jimmy John's one night after I was looking at their menu to see what I wanted on my tuna sandwich. I know with the creation of the digital video recorder (DVR) that allows us to zip through commercials they have to find other ways to try to get our hard-earned money but this sucks. There are far more product placements in television shows and movies but that's fine with me. People would really drink Pepsi and eat Dorito's and drive Chevy's so throw those in the shows and movies but quit popping me up! It actually does just the opposite for me; it makes me resentful and not want to buy these products. So now I will drink Diet Coke and eat carrots and drive Fiat and Toyota.
I have to work on getting the podcast up again this morning. Hopefully, now that Halloween is over, the ghost in the machine is gone until next year. It's weird how the program was seeming to do whatever it wanted despite what I commanded it to do. Maybe the end of the world will be machines taking over and I am starting to get a small taste of it. Maybe computers are tired of getting "commanded" to do things. I am going to try to gently suggest things when I go to finish editing Dirty Laundry Podcast and see if that helps. Have a great day and hopefully I will have to podcast up this morning. Watch the Dirty Laundry Facebook page for updates. Wish me luck fight the evil spirits that wish to stop you pod-listening. Okay I went down and got the podcast uploaded and this is going to sound like a lie but I swear on the lives of everyone I love that this is true (I thought I was kidding about the spirits). I went back down to the studio and began the final edits of the show and while I was working on the edits the light bulb in the ceiling lamp directly above the desk/computer exploded and glass rained down on the keyboard. After that the editing went off without a hitch and I got the show edited and it is uploading now. I must admit that I was creeped-out to stay down there and finish but the pod must go on so I did. So, basically, the studio is haunted and next week I have filmmaker John Borowski on the show who makes documentaries about serial killers. It's a good thing that I love to podcast and now I know why nodody wants to be Cha Cha for a day next week. TTTT...with the grim grinning ghosts who seem to want to do more than socialize! now I have to replace a light bulb and clean up glass. Now I thought I heard an eery voice from the basement but it is the dog snoring in the other room (at least that is what I am gonna tell myself). See you on the other side. TA!


No comments:

Post a Comment