Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Today's Knee-Jerk (one or the other)

Yesterday was kind of a frustrating day. I had several holes in my memory of things that I have done
Can a brother get a new memory card installed? 
many times and places that I have been several times over the past five months or so. Cha Cha came to the hypothesis that it seems to be new things over the past year or so that I am having problems with and that things from longer ago are in my hard drive. Those are my words but her theory. I think she may be onto something. Maybe my brain is just full of useless trivia and garbage so the useful, new information, has no space to be saved. I need a file purge. I do, however, still remember most things (not all) that have to do with people and human contact going back to as long as I could distinguish people from one another - maybe when I was two-years-oldish? Jill said it would be funny if, when we get to Germany where I left about 49 years ago, I would remember how to get everywhere and tell cabbies and such things like "turn right at the next corner and go two blocks up and turn right again..." I am getting better at letting my memory holes (my equivalent to black holes) go, but, it is still a bit disheartening now and again. I had always had a great memory and now I only have my dashing good looks; what am I supposed to do with that?

Seven days from this very moment I will be scrambling wondering what I forgot to pack before the limo gets here (though it won't be here until the PM). I have a checklist but I know I will forget something; don't we always forget something when we go out of town? Unless it is the passport or my wallet I guess everything else could be purchased. I do have a checklist but who knows if everything I will need will be on the checklist? 
 Ich ging mit der deutchen version fuhr die praxis 
We are such a knee-jerk society here in 'Merica. Maybe it is more the media and them wanting to strike while the iron is hot but, since that dentist killed the tame-ish lion on a supposed hunting trip, there are many other stories coming out about other big game hunters. I saw a picture just a bit ago of a female hunter and it has a photo of her next to a giraffe she had shot. Why would anybody want to shoot a giraffe? Could there be a more docile animal? Why not go hunting for guinea pigs, koalas and kittens? I do find it kind of ironic, however, that these hunters receive death-threats when they post their photos. I predict a new Planet of the Apes movie based on this or, now that I think about it, that was kind of one of the main themes of Planet of the Apes wasn't it? Who would want to hunt Charlton Heston? Did you know that he played Dr. Zaius in the 2001 Planet of the Apes? See, why do I remember that kind of stuff? Hey, I wonder if I could get a job as game in a hunting expedition or, at least, bait. I would train really hard for it and get into Schwarzenegger-shape (Ralph Schwarzenegger - not Arnold). I suppose that position would just be considered a temp job unless I were really good at it and then, I would be in high demand, and I would make some serious bank. Speaking of bank I heard that Cecil the lovable lion killing dentist has a vacation home in Florida worth something like $1.1 million. What is he the dentist to the stars or something? Most of our entire net-worths are not as much as his vacation home alone. I bet he voted for George W. Bush!

I am not sure what my projects will consist of today but there is always something to do. I really like, more than ever, to do projects because when I am doing them I only need to think about that project I am working on. I always think of other things while working, of course, so I have a pen and paper in my pocket or very hear by. I will still forget to do small things but then I will remember that I forgot and that is like a small victory for we addle-brained. I must admit that it is kind of liberating to know that I am kind of dim. I had always considered myself kind of intelligent until recently and there is so much less pressure knowing that I am a simpleton now. Maybe I was always a simpleton and I just wanted to think I was smarter than I was? Do idiots know they are idiots? I do so there is my answer. I know I need to get the weeds in the yard under control and I think I will edge the sidewalks and the flower beds. It is always a great idea for buffoons like me to play with power equipment. I also have to get another bag together for Goodwill. Since I have been off of work I think we have taken an average of two bags of clothes to Goodwill each week. We are still VERY far away from being minimalists. I also took a huge tub of books over and, did you know, that they will take your old electronic equipment, even if broken, and they will recycle it? I took some old cable converters over and they happily took them for recycling. I always feel altruistic when I go there and a lot less like a dentist. 
Sci-Fi fans will probably get this photo reference

I have to get stuff done and start working on my checklist for what items get the honor of adorning my body outside of the U.S. and A.. I will probably get the weeding and edging done first before the sun gets too high. I hope you have a great day. I need to get a haircut too now that I think of it. Things just keep presenting themselves. Thank you for slowing down a few moments to peruse my cobwebs. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment